First time growing

all 12 spoiled brats lol

4 Likes

They are really stretching for the light. You taking them outside?

3 Likes

You’ll want to start LST to help those nodes be a little tighter to stop all the stretching :slight_smile: looking good though keep us updated!!!

2 Likes

I’m waiting for my lights so I have these little guys right up to the window as best I can. Ty

2 Likes

Awesome! Always exciting getting lights in :grin:

2 Likes

Would your weather and /or situation allow you to put them outside some until your light comes in? Can help some with the stretch. They can become top heavy if the stretch too much.

You will also need to bury some of that stalk on the transplant.

If nothing else until your light arrives get a cheap LED bulb and put in a desk lamp or clip on lamp to help with their stretch and lean.

Good luck, stay safe and happy growing

4 Likes

Do you know how much of the stalk should be buried? I was think that too but I don’t want to kill the plants by putting too much. And ty

1 Like

LED Bulbs

3 Likes

You could put them 1/3 to half way down. It will not kill them

2 Likes

You can transplant them down to were the leaves are an inch above the soil and they will be fine. I think it actually gives them better root system when you do that.

2 Likes

3 Likes

U won’t get that long stem

Viparspectra has a great deals on leds. I’ve used them for a while. Though my needs now are different and I’ve branched into the spider farmer sf4000 for my 5x5, the Viparspectra 1000w dimmable light is great for beginning. Amazon’s got them for about 100$ they only consume 230w at full power each…2 of them pull less power than a 5000btu window a.c unit

You sow your seed 1 half inc deep or your light is to far away bc there stretching badley, when you transplant you can add a bit of extra dirt but not much, i have a fantasmo express that popped high i use a bread tie trick to hold seedling in place till it can stand on her own, you should allso be lst ing them by gently bending them back and forth this will help your mainstream harden faster, bread tie trick PATENT PENDING LOL