First time grower with a few questions

I’m just running a test to get my levels right. It says to have the Temps between 75-85 degrees and 70% humidity for germination/seedlings, 70-85 degrees and 40-60% humidity for veg and 65-85 degrees and 40-50% humidity for flower. Can I follow this guideline.

1 Like

The water in the containers are to help raise the humidity in the tent.

The exhaust fan is on a timer with the lights. Do I need to do the same with the intake fan or does that needs to be ran constantly. As you can see there is also 2 small fans which will be running all throughout the grow. I have a temp/humidity controller just in case I need it to help stabilize things.

@Mackerel yes these are good environmental numbers to shoot for…

3 Likes

Ok thanks trying to keep things on the right track.

@ I would recommend running the exhaust fan at all times except when you are attending to them. This keeps air circulating. If you have an intake take fan it needs to follow the exhaust fan cycle. the small fans running constantly is ok in most cases.

2 Likes

I like to run my exhaust fan 24/7, and my intake fan is basically on the same schedule as the light. But your conditions are different from mine so it’s something to test in your environment.

When my intake fan is on it reduces the temp and humidity in the tent a few points vs exhaust only. I have to keep all of my vents closed though to avoid light leaking into my other tent.

2 Likes

Ok so I’m running test and I hooked up the temp/humidity controller, it’s a cool night in FL. 64 degrees and currently I have the controller set to have the humidity bounce between 60 & 70% humidity and my Temps is between 75 an 78 degrees. Not sure what tomorrow may bring as the Temps can change lol. But I have the temp side set between 75 & 80 degrees so it doesn’t get too hot if the outside Temps change. Now on another topic, my nutrients that I plan to use says to run my lights for 24hrs for 3wks then switch to 18/6 at week 4. What you think. My lights are at about 20" above the pots.

I will see if I can fine tune the humidifier and find the sweet spot to let it stay at 70%.

I’m thinking that’s sort of more of a suggestion by the company than any requirement of the nutrients. That schedule would probably work fine too and its probably what they tested.

The right schedule for you is something you determine. It might vary if you decide to pop some photo seeds. You could run autos 12/12 if you need to.

1 Like

Well nothing tried nothing done lol. I guess I can try it on this first run and see what happens.

Please can you explain to me again how the counting of the days go. I guessing week 1 day 1 is the first day the seed pops out from the ground, and when the seedling stage is done you start counting from that point for veg week 1 day one and so on.

The best practice (and I should do this) is to keep a journal. I don’t think auto flower seeds are genetically domesticated to where it’s like beans and they can accurately tell you x number of days to expect.

You need to be able to tell when the flowers are ripe. But you’ve got a ways to go before then. Post pictures of your progress and we’ll let you know where you’re at and what to look for! :wink:

1 Like

As long as you put your exhaust fan over lights and put intake line on bottom and a small fan moving air in the middle you all should be good

1 Like

Yes that’s exactly how I have it. I bought a 2nd speed controller to control my intake fan. I think it was pulling in too much air. I’m maintaining a mid 70s temp and close to 70% humidity in preparation to start my grow as one of my seeds popped today

Your temperature is fine but you need to try get that humidity down

That’s not an issue, I’m fighting to keep at this level. I was just going off what they were saying in the video to have my humidity that high for the seedling stage. What should I bring it down to.

55 to 60 if possible some may say less but i shot for 55 to 60

1 Like

Ok even in the seedlings stage. That’s good, even better for me

2 Likes