First time grower with a few questions

Courtney, I am just a newbie been here for about a year, one thing you don’t need to do is worry or over think . These guys are good. And it seems they love helping ya. I’m sure one of these men with wisdom will turn in soon. Happy growing

4 Likes

The day the plant sprouts above the soil is day one. I grow autos, so that’s the only schedule I need. If running photoperiod strains, you might also count from the day you flipped the light schedule as the time in flower…

That right there is ny problem. I don’t like failure so when I read and discover new things I always wonder if this is something that I need to add lol

1 Like

Thank you for the input.

What are your thoughts on bat guano. Is this something I should be looking into as well.

That and worm castings are awesome i only grow photos i count when they sprout from soil also and i count for the when they sprout to flip just to see how fast they grow but most count from flip

3 Likes

Sure, bat guano is high in nitrogen so it’s good for vegetative growth. During flowering, the plant switches to wanting more phosphorus. Seabird guano a good choice there because it’s high in water soluble phosphates.

Fertilizers like that, and worm castings/compost feed your soil. Believe it or not, you can grow the plant for its entire life without the bottled nutrients if you keep your soil healthy and alive.

2 Likes

You guys are the best.

I’m really trying not to over do it lol,

Ok so not to over do it, I think I’m going to use what I have on this first run with these autos, and my next run will be photos so I will used the other additional stuff, bat guano, seabird guano, kelp etc. Think I might start germination tonight if I ain’t too tired.

Lots of good advice. If the tent is in an air-conditioned room, you shouldn’t have to much trouble with heat, and if the room is occupied at all, not with the co2 either. But you will need a small humidifier.
20/4 seems to be the optimal light for autos, have them set to go off in the afternoon to save power.
And don’t overfeed autos, use about half the nutrients recommended for photos. My biggest problem starting out was using a feeding schedule designed for photos.

1 Like

If you are going to flower with them a 3’x3’ is definitely max oddly the light distribution is not real even but if you were to add one more you would be in great shape for flowering a 4x4 area bro… can you get by with just one sure can but you will not be maximizing your girls… if you are tapped out $$ give it a go after all we used to use florescent lights for the whole grow way back and still got decent meds

1 Like

If you have access to wood ash it is also a good source for phosphorus and potassium. It is water soluble and immediately available so be careful to not burn the plant with it. I usually start at about a 1/2 tsp per gallon as a bloom food. It is also loaded with calcium and magnesium that was in the tree.

If you use it regularly you should monitor water runoff for high ph. It runs alkaline. If you use it once or twice during bloom it will be fine.

1 Like

Hey there yes the house have central air but I’m in the area that I’m in I don’t get as much cool air as the rest of the house. With nothing running in the tent when I open it up the temp is in the mid to low 70s and the humidity is in the low 50s. When I do a test run with lights, cooling fans (without the added ac unit), intake and exhaust fans the temps gets into the 80s And the humidity drops to the 30s. I’m waiting on a humidifier and an ac/temp controller to see if I can somewhat get my Temps and humidity to stabilize

Well they said this light is supposed to be good for the 3x3 tent. It’s a growstarmn 3000w 220w led full spectrum. Should be good for 4 plants but I’m just gonna start off with 2, see how it goes and hopefully not make too many mistakes.

1 Like

Good morning guys, so around 2am this morning I was bored and decided to put to deelite auto seeds in a shot glass with some distilled water and to my surprise when I was leaving for work at around 8am I peeked in and guess what 1 seed already started to push out a tap root. So I guess is time to out some soil in the bags and start the ball a rolling.

3 Likes

@Mackerel Yep…Good luck!

I’m trying to post a pic of my tent setup but it’s saying file is too large. What should I please.

Google Photos

1 Like

Ok I think I got it. Let me know if it’s visible

1 Like