First grow...newbie questions

How long do you think your containers will last until they are dry? Before we knew enough to use jewelers loupes and look at the deep trikes, we used the pistils as an indicator. Observation (and remember, this is an observation…my opinion, what I would do if they were mine)…WAIT…I still see opportunity for buds to THICKEN. I do not know enough about your: strain, grow environment and WHAT NUTRIENTS you used to get them this far. I am a fan of organic…If I used synthetic nutrients, I would want 2 weeks of CLEAN FRESH water to get that out. The worst you can do is kill her now…mixed head,decent size…the best you can do is almost get another 50% thickness, more terpene development which will result in a primo bud.
I would look at the plus side, the minus side and determine what I would do. Do you like energetic, couch or mixed? You harvest based on what you want to achieve. You control the plant, it does not control you…to a point

1 Like

How long do you think your containers will last until they are dry?

I typically water when top 1 inch of soil feels dry… This has worked out to about every 3rd day…

I still see opportunity for buds to THICKEN. I do not know enough about your: strain, grow environment and WHAT NUTRIENTS you used to get them this far.

I am using a 2X2X4 tent, Mars Hydro TS600, organic compost for soil and “Fox Farm” trio for nutrients.

Do you like energetic, couch or mixed? You harvest based on what you want to achieve. You control the plant, it does not control you…to a point

Not particular, nor am I a big toker…just wanted to grow big buds!

if you desire BIG BUDS…let her grow…
fox farm trio has 2 types…soil or hydro…which one?
also, unless stated ORGANIC…they are synthetic nutrients. When that is the case, I flush for minimum a week, best 2 weeks…a real flush, not just heavy watering. Read up on flushing techniques
Unless you do not care about the taste and harshness that comes from synthetics…then just let her flower,start letting her dry out as you get closer to harvest…2 days darkness and CUT

BTW…those are some NICE LOOKING BUDS!

the nutes are the ones for soil grows

Ph probably off and nitro deficiency.

Sweet Nugget!

5 Likes

It only takes a spot too much of N during flower, especially late flower, to halt the growth of flowers…I agree with the ph part but not so sure about N this late in the game. I would ask more opinions

I think i was talking about a seed i found on floor, beans cost $20+, so i did 2 major no nos, i transplanted it, could not get ffof so put it in miricle grow, all autos yellow a bit in late flower but plant was nitro starved, when this happens in flower a few bottom leaves will start to yellow they fell paper y usaley a handful of fresh pearlite or a dose of food will correct the problem but you want to check your ph runoff, my runoff was 7+ bc of the mix so i kept lowering it with white vinegar, plant came out much better then expected allso have a toofless alien i gave a dose of food in flower bc a few bottom leaves were yellowing see pic unknown auto in miricle grow 1 & 2

alien at day 73 pic3

3 Likes

133 days since sprouting and I think it’s time to put her to rest.

8 Likes

135 days HGCC White Widow Auto

5 Likes

Cut

5 Likes

And 1st Harvest is complete

6 Likes

Thanks again for all the great advice…will let you know how it smokes

1 Like

Nice stacks, Sir. :v::hibiscus::herb:

1 Like

@hhholds those look good, keep us posted on cute results

1 Like

That must be what I’ve been doing wrong all along. I want posting my cute results!!!
Now, I know!! :scream::rofl::v::joy::purple_heart:

Pleasee don’t hit me with your best shot.

Grow #2 is underway…

2 Likes

wohoo! and, I like the car…Mine was a 57 Chev Conv…with a blower. Sold it as I got tired of tune ups every month, valve adjustments…I got too old
Whats in the cups?
I have my photos set to harvest pre CREMATORIA (we are in the triple digits here in Vegas…already at 111°f…they wont last much longer. I sprouted half a dozen FSauto, GSCauto, Early Miss auto, a few clones (Acapulco gold photo, GDP photo,Bubba K photo). I am trying to see if my SFVOGK (not to be confused with SFVOG…the Kush is in there) photos can make it to the hot part and survive

1 Like

This grow will be a Caramel Cream photo, Gelato photo and a White Widow auto. Gonna try doing the Gelato outdoors.

Tent temps are getting into the 90s some days as grow room is not air conditioned. In your xp, will the high temps be a detriment to the grow?

I have the same issue. I switched my lights to on at night, off in the day. I tried freezing the gallon jugs and placing a couple, switch every 6 hours…help a little but much work…I do not want to work that hard anymore. I resolved to give up Summer growing except for what will work in the garden and when we start getting 115° plus, that kind of halts everything…Tries desert strains, kelp, insulation, etc…just too hard
What grows outdoors faces the heat of CREMATORIA…what lives, lives. My autos make it here and there and having seeds is a blessing. The photos should be finished in about 4/5 weeks…
High temps - yes, it is detrimental…stressful…it stunts, causes early flowering, leaf burning, etc. I use cloth containers, the beige, not black so they do not absorb heat. I wet the outside a few times a day,misting. I added silica, kelp to help with the heat. In my large containers (plastic), I lined with foam insulation to put a barrier between the outside of the container and the soil. I water often rather than heavy…they usually dry out in 2 days…It helps me get thorough. My cloths are 3/5/7 gal, my plastics are 40L 50L…the larger containers stay a little cooler. Those IN the garden (not pots), are easier to address. Hope this helps