Finally started, germinated w/my Areo

@Adcrag top dressing is top feeding or using as a top amendment as you phrased it in your question. You add some to the top of the soil and work it in with your fingers.

1 Like

Great, girls are in 5 gal fabric pots. Girls are 2 / 3 wks, how much to add & how off do I top dress?

Learning :thinking::heart::thinking: lol

@Adcrag I couldn’t tell you without knowing the strength and brand. It should have mixing or top dressing instructions on the package. If it doesn’t or you can’t read it you can give me the brand information and I can look it up for you.

1 Like

So my friend brought this, but not sure.

I think we wanted this

Thanks

1 Like

@Adcrag yeah you should have definitely got the vivagrow brand over the earthworks. The earthworks isn’t even real dried molasses. I have no idea how much to amend with the earthworks because it lists npk but not the sulfur content or anything else necessary. They proudly state it’s 38% sugar though.

The vivagrow you would use just like regular liquid black strap. 1 tsp dry is equal to 1tsp wet.

1 Like

Ok, my friend will exchange. Do I water it in after top dressing

@Adcrag yes you would water it in. Add it to dry top soil then work it in with your fingers a little and then water it in after. It will break down slower that way vs mixing it with the water but it will still effectively feed soil microbes and add nutrients for the plants.

1 Like

Ok, I just moved 1 plant into a pot size quart but I think I will put the rest in 5 gallon fabric pots tomorrow, no guts no glory!

Plus I have been giving 2 Sativa clones to play with too. Not sure what they are yet.

FYI- I test the ph and it’s right on now. Maybe it was the initial intro to the hot soil.

At what point do I want to feed them, I have a rich soil so wasn’t sure if I even need to currently. I have nothing but time and patience @Mrb53004.

3 Likes

@Munchy with living soils you don’t feed at all until you start to see slight deficiencies then you either top feed/top dress the soil or feed with a compost tea.

I personally use both for different purposes.

With my living soil mix (can’t really speak to others) I don’t have to feed or top dress at all for easily 3 to 4 months so I do a long veg period with photos 8-10 weeks and then give a tea to charge the soil after flipping to flower and top dress 4 weeks later in flower.

2 Likes

@MDBuds I was told that I didn’t need to top dress until much later with this soil but I wanted to make sure.

FYI- My mother told me I over watered the girls, too funny. I sent her a picture.

1 Like

So the girls are getting healthier now @MDBuds and definitely stronger. The Indica is definitely short and bushy, GSC that is. Here is what things are looking like now @Mrb53004.

Uploading: 6B1C8611-430F-43B8-B2FA-D864DE40AAEB.jpeg…

1 Like

Can’t seem to download a picture, ugh. It doesn’t matter if I crop or not

Well, the suspense is killing me. :rofl: :joy: Can someone afford that Google screen thing? At least she could draw it and we could get a better idea. My psychic abilities are horribly lacking.

1 Like

You don’t want me to attempt to draw @kmac03, :rofl:

1 Like

I’m sure it wouldn’t look any worse than mine, but at least if you drew it, I’d know, is it growing up the wall? Did a cat eat the leaves? Just what is happening over there?

Also, what the hell did we do before this technology? I’m trying to remember.

1 Like

So I’m gonna try this again and download one more time. They don’t make it easy for us non tech folks…hehe.

1 Like

@kmac03 I think we would write letters and send Polaroid pictures, :rofl::partying_face:

2 Likes
1 Like

I click on either iCloud.com and it takes me to your pics!!!

@Mrb53004 how many does it show you? For some reason it’s only allowing me to download the same two pictures. Are you checking all my pictures in my phone??? :rofl: It could get boring with pictures of my dogs, lol. I think my girls are doing well.

I was think about putting in a cool mist humidifier but my tent is small currently and not sure if the mist might cause issues. I bought a Ink Bird outlet so I could use it for my space heater and I was thinking about using the cool mist to help with increasing the humidity. What are your thoughts @Mrb53004? Would the humidifier go into the cold outlet?