Fairly certain I was sent regular photo seeds in my Automatic Pack

I’ve grown two plants out now from the OG kush in my automatic mix pack. First was grown outdoor alongside the other varieties from the pack. The OG did not flower for 70ish days and I noticed it was around August when we started getting 12 hour nights.

Now I have grown another one out indoor under 18/6 for over 3 months! Still no flower. I put her outside and it’s 14 hour nights so I’m expecting flower will start soon because this is indeed a photo seed. The other two strains from the pack behaved as they should, as well as the Gold Leaf auto I received.

I was told by email support to post about it here, I can post pictures if necessary. The first plant was grown from April to October outdoors. Besides the one I am growing now the other seeds did not survive.

3 Likes

Welcome @Mycomatt
Photo period seeds NEED to have 12 hours or less of light to start flowering. The schedule you describe pretty much defines a photo period plant. They veg as long as the light is more than 14 hours. We “FLIP” (12/12) to start the flowering process.
Auto period flowering…is based on TIME, not light. I have had auto’s that start flowering right after the 2nd node, 2 weeks in. Lights do NOT matter as long as there is more than 5 hrs to keep the plant flourishing. The life of an auto is AVERAGE 10 weeks, from popping its head out of the ground to cutting it down. There are a few that will go longer, and some that will go less but by the 4th week, you got flowers on an auto unless you stressed it and it is stunted, not growing

3 Likes

Thank you for responding. Sure is sounding like there was a mix up to me. Like I said that first plant from last Summer was grown right alongside 3 other strains p, same bed, nutes under the sun. The others bloomed like autos and this strain did not. Indoor grown totally differently same results behaves like a photo.

My real question is what did I even receive? It’s surely not OG Kush, leaves are sativa shaped.

I just want the OG Kush auto I ordered.

4 Likes

Hi Mycomatt!

Can you please clarify if this growing outdoors or indoors? I know it’s probably just a typo, but I wanted to answer but now I’m confused about indoors or out. I’m already accepting it’s a photo, like you are. Do you have pictures?

Nice to meet you! Looking forward to seeing your grow. We appreciate your patience.

2 Likes

Sorry for the confusion! It’s both.

The first time I grew a seed from this bag it was all outdoor. It was started at the end of April Here it is at the end of July you can see it front Left. Counterclockwise from there is the Bubblegum, Gold Leaf and Jack Herer in the very back. As you can see the autos flowered and stopped growing vertically, while the OG Kush vegged on. https://pasteboard.co/JJGXg9O.jpg
At the time of this photo it had still not begun flower. The second photo is from mid august and flower had finally started.
https://pasteboard.co/JJGXRdy.jpg
Day length at this time had just fallen under 12 hours.

Second plant grown indoor (winter so trying my hand at doing inside) and sprouted on 10/18 making it almost 90 days from seed now. I just put it outside in a last ditch attempt to get it to flower (I’m using the space it was in for new seedlings and don’t want them under 12/12). Days are gonna be under 12 hours for a few more months I am HOPING she will begin budding soon so she has time to finish, been outside for about a week now.

3 Likes

I’d love to see the current plant, if possible? I may be handing you to someone else more knowledgeable, but what I’m hearing is you have a photo plant, it still hasn’t flowered, and you have it under lighting at 16/8. Does that sound right? If so, being a photo, you will have to tell her to quit vegging by flipping the lights, right?

2 Likes

This is the current plant earlier this week, so about 80 days. I’m not flipping lights I moved her outside 14 hours dark here right now.

2 Likes

This is for @Mrb53004 from here on out, My Friend. I have no experience with conversion of outdoor to indoor and the changes in lighting schedule. I haven’t grown up enough yet. :slight_smile: I do appreciate the picture though. Where is ‘here’ by the way? That will probably make all the difference.

3 Likes

Southern California, Los Angeles area

3 Likes

@kmac03
Indoor / Outdoor…does not matter. Light matters and daylight is not the same as sunlight. Minimum 5 hrs of LIGHT (from here on out, this means SUN or artificial) for a plant (now we are talking cannabis here) to grow and produce flowers. Less than this and you just get sprigs…not enough to really produce anything. Not enough photosynthesis, hormonal development, trichome and terpine production. Light above 14 hours will keep a photo period plant in vegetation. Auto flower can produce flowers with as little as 5 hours of light and usually in the 3-5 week area. Moving a plant from in to out or out to in, only induces stress (usually temporary but if transplanting is taking place here and not just moving a container from here to there), can be enough to impact development. I hope this clarifies things and it is the proper response to your inquiry

3 Likes

I might be too tired to fully comprehend. If you are in L.A., she’s getting roughly about ten hours of light right now, as seen here. As a photo, she’s going to have a hard time flipping to flower, in my limited experience. Ugh, the struggle with seedlings and older plants and only one light. How old are the seedlings? I would consider another light purchase so you can get her to flower. Otherwise, what’s the solution, you know?

2 Likes

Ok I understand exactly what you are saying. I do know your frustration. Sometimes it happens. Seeds get mixed up. No one ever want to admit it. They f up from time to time. Personally I go through the same place every time. They fix or make good on any and all mistakes. Looks like your getting the run around. You wanted Auto and they sent Photo. Mistake 1. Mistake 2 not making good on what you ordered. Mistake 3 giving you a line of crap.i can’t believe everyone is telling you how to make it grow and flower, but not getting you ORDERED AUTOS. THEY SENT PHOTOS. Don’t matter if inside or out. Light isn’t the problem. They messed up. They should make good. Don’t buy any lights. What you have is good. It got the rest to full bloom.

5 Likes

Just to clarify, I don’t work here, so I can’t offer any refund. I was trying to help get the plant into flower. Buying seeds is a game of chance on any given day, as you expressed. I hate that you are so frustrated, @B.G.1 and @Mycomatt. What can I do to help?

3 Likes

Thank at @B.G.1 and @kmac03

I bought these seeds here. I just want the seeds I ordered.

3 Likes

I’m not trying to argue, I understand your frustration, truly. Thing is, we consumers normally complain about the negatives versus the positives. Dealing with seeds is difficult because some just don’t grow, some deviate from their norms (sort of like me with brain disease), some are a different plant altogether. I’m not the ultimate Creator so I sort of have to go with the flow sometimes. This world is trying all of our patience and things happen, I get it. How many OG Kush autos are you owed and what will you do with your current plants? Did you raise complaint in August?

3 Likes

I didn’t raise a complaint because I didn’t want to make assumptions based on how that first seed grew. As you said seeds are seeds, some autos take longer. This was extreme, maybe it was just a freak thing though. But now I have grown another, indoor different conditions everything. I didn’t top her either, just a little LST.

Two seeds of three (the other one died as a seedling) act like photos, sound like photos to y’all and the kicker is that this isn’t what photo OG Kush would even look like. The leaf shape is completely wrong for a pure Indica.

4 Likes

Sounds like you just want some fresh seeds? Otherwise, I can sit here while you unload your frustration while I think of a solution. :upside_down_face: :heartpulse: I say that because I buy a lot of seeds of many kinds to include non-canna and, honestly, none of the places I purchase from would give me a refund as it’s the nature of the beast, especially during these times of so many losses and general unrest in this country. Granted, my herbalist and farmer friends typically print the germination rate on their packs, but we are all learning. Today, California is on fire again. How many were in the pack? I’ve not bought them before.

2 Likes

There were 3 and I don’t care about the one that didn’t germ and I’m not just trying to get something for free. This is about Homegrown owning up to making a mistake, they can either choose to make it right or not.

4 Likes

No one is suggesting you get something for free, you made a purchase. :slight_smile: The problem is probably the length of time it took getting here and that anyone who purchases souvenir seeds agrees to a disclaimer prior to purchase (seed disclaimer is global no matter industry). This is how I’m translating now: You want three OG Kush auto seeds replaced?

2 Likes

I’m not really expecting anything but was encouraged by my fellow growmies to reach out. Honestly I’m just bummed I didn’t get the OG Kush auto I really wanted to grow that one. At this point I don’t even know what I have it’s mystery seed

3 Likes