Dying seedlings

I m having trouble with my seedlings they start off good then as you can see they are not looking too good now all I’m giving them is bottled water ph 5.8 no nutes yet light on 20 off 4 hrs any help grately appreciated thank

2 Likes

Looks like mag deficiency. Bring ph back up to 6.5 with your waterings and make sure temps are around 65.

5 Likes

This is probably an annoying question, but you aren’t leaving your leaves wet, are you? I see water drops hanging out on the leaves. What are the others looking like?

1 Like

Cool thanks im just waiting for some cal mag to be deliverd my ec is 0.5 that’s bottled water will it be ok to raise the ec up to say 0.8 with cal mag is that a safe thanks

3 Likes

Hi no I just water’d them I wiped that off cheers

2 Likes

@Sid8ted I would use some distilled water with calmag for the seedlings and keep your ec between .3 and .5.

You don’t want to get close to 1 until early veg because they’ll burn.

2 Likes

Cool thanks for your help I’ll let you know how things go

1 Like

I would also get a scope and take a look @ the Underside of the leaves to make sure no Mites. If that is Soil I would raise PH to 6.5ish and like others have said, never get the leaves wet unless you are foliar feeding with lights off for a few hours, Night Cycle. Good Luck

3 Likes

Give it a nip of kelp fertilizer half dose in tea would be great

Are you letting them dry out between watering? What size pots are they in? What kind of soil are you using?

I’d follow what @Dave_n_St.Louis suggested, too, as well as consider changing my light schedule to 16/8.

1 Like

strong text

1 Like

Thanks for the help guys yes they are looking a whole lot happier than a week ago onwards and upwards

So tell us what you did to correct the issue. Which answer gave the results we see

Hi yes when I sent the first picture’s I had just flushed the soil thru with some bottled water ph 6 the soil is bio biz light mix after id flushed the soil it took couple of days before needed watering again then I used blackstrap molasses 1 teaspoon in 1 Ltd that’s about half strength with quarter strength liquid seaweed and lots of love the most important thing

1 Like

Here is a banana zkittlez by mass medical I didn’t veg long enough i should have given it at least 4wks as it’s turned out a giant lollipop no branches nice sticky buds tho she s got about 2wks to go

1 Like

The one in the middle is tangie hill special at the nodes their are three branches all the way up I’ve not come across this before it’s great as I’ll get a third more bud

1 Like

@MDBuds what are you referring to when you mention raising your ec?

Ec is a different acronym than tds - We use TDS in America, most Europeans use EC. It measures the potency / strength of the nutrients in the feeding solution

1 Like

Yes correct thank you

Thanks Mike for the clarification I was just at a loss on that one.