Dried buds.......are dry!

I didn’t know that Mike. Great information, thanks!

Depends on humidity. Sounds like u hung em too long.Next grow hang till the smaller branches start to get snappy then jar em up and cure. The humidity pacs work well too…

1 Like

I agree with kris 100%… just sounds like you may have dried them to much…

1 Like

I just had same issue on my very first grow. Sour Diesel auto. When I hung them to dry it was about 65 degrees but 30-40% RH. They were really dry when I trimmed and jarred them. I bought a 62% Boveda pack. It took about 10 days to get humidity in jar up to 61%. They have been curing for about 20 days. Giving it about another 20-30 days before I try it out. I hope they turn out ok and I didn’t ruin the buds. My grow room is at about 30% RH right now and I have three photos just transitioning to flower I think I may need a humidifier. A lot of bottom branches are really dry and not productive. Same room I dried in.

1 Like

Welcome!
30-40%Rh is LOW for drying…It is OK for LATE flower but early flower should be up at 50% or little better. Add a humidifier or at least some pails of water / wet towels…
65 is a good temp tp dry but Rh should be about same or close…I dry between 50-65f and 55-65%Rh…If I have small stems and they dry first, I remove them and leave the bigger stems
AS long as you cure in the dark and burp regularly, it should be OK

3 Likes

Ok thanks. I never thought of putting pails of water out. These winters are really dry.

1 Like

i was going to ask if you were in a cold dry winter climate, as im in upstate ny & my grow area is very dry - 20-30%, i have containers of water in my tent to kick it up.Mike mrb53004 , i didnt know rh should be that high in the drying area, thats good info… thanks once again…

2 Likes

Good morning Mike! I bought the Bovida packets 62% and I have them in the jars. There are no directions with them. Once they are placed in the jars are the jars still supposed to be opened periodically? The buds have been drying for about 1 week in the jars (with periodically opening)before adding the Bovida. Thanks again!

1 Like

when you begin to cure, after drying, don’t over fill thhe jars, add a bovida, open daily to breathe for a minute, close…its called “burping”
Burp for 2-3 weeks daily. Keep in dark space, not warm, you can test buds while curing. Eventually the GREEN GRASS smell goes away and the flavor of your stash matures…you will know
No need to burp AFTERWARDS

4 Likes

Another one I’ll have to tag as ‘Watching.’

I’ve got my eyes on y’all. :eye: :eyes: :eye: :eyes:

1 Like

Mike, thank you. The first week I burped a couple times a day. Now that I have the Bovida in the jars I’m understanding that I should only need to burp once a day? Piece of cake! LOL…thanks for the mention of not overcrowding in the jars. This morning I had that same thought and changed the way I had things :slight_smile:

1 Like

@MDBuds, I just purchased some boveda packets to keep the RH in the jars around 60%. My question is, would I still need to burp the jars with the boveda packs in them, or would that be counter productive for what the packets are already doing?

2 Likes

@SkinnyJ one boveda packets are in jars I only burp if rh exceeds my threshold. I keep a small hygrometer in my jars and only burp of rh goes over 65%.

4 Likes

If your stash is still curing, recently dried, yes…burp. If it is old stash, already cured, do as @MDBuds says and just check your rh

2 Likes

@Mrb53004, @MDBuds, great thanks guys, so much wonderful information from people here and in the threads. Very grateful!!

1 Like