Domarigato Mrs. Gelato

Here are pics of a gelato auto from my second grow. This girl will be 2 month’s old on March 5th. I think at least 2 or 3 more weeks. Anyone?

3 Likes

Might be even longer than that. Either way, she’s a beauty! Nice color! :star_struck:

2 Likes

Thanks so much. It is the furthest along of 6. My only Gelato this time. If I don’t goof up the whole grow should be good.

3 Likes

Most definitely more than 2 or 3 weeks. You pistils haven’t even changed. Plenty of PLUMP UP the BUDS time

3 Likes

Good deal. I think this senile old man is learning…slowly. Thanks for helping me with that.

3 Likes

@MoOG Cool, she’s Hot :+1:Pretty Girl timed just right

1 Like

So there have been comments on 2 or 3 days of darkness before harvest. What does that do?

Per me and our resident Doc @MDBuds
the 3 days of darkness is to let the plant respire and break down and exude the stored starches to help speed up the curing process. If done at the proper time it also has the potential to increase potency and trichomes as well as terpenes.

Another thing that helps similar to what @Rye mentioned is hanging the plants upside down in the dark. I do this as well but I pull them out by the roots before I hang them so they can continue to respire and exude until they finally die.

1 Like

Thank you sir. Do I dare ask what “proper time” is?:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Proper time: The growth stage is at its optimum point of potency. Flushing, if required or desired, has been completed. Watering has been stopped early enough for the plant to not get anything from the soil and utilize the chlorophyll in the plant as its source of food
And what does that mean you ask?
flush 7-14 days if desired / required…to coincide with trichome maturity at desired level (milky to % of amber)
dry - 2-5 days no water
darkness 2/3 days
hang/ cut-trim / dry / cure

1 Like

Boom! Thank you very much

1 Like

Harvest day. First big cola of 6 trimmed. Will not let me post pic

1 Like

@MoOG Bummer OG, i was wanting to see the girls… have you tried Taking your photos from farther back and then Cropping or Chopping the photo down twice. (in your Gallery)

1 Like

No but I will try that thanks

1 Like

3 Likes

There ya go. Can’t get the others to take the way they are. I will try again when the lights come on again

2 Likes

“Have you tried turning it off and on again?” “Is the power on?”

1 Like

Sorry @kmac I meant the girls were in the darkness mode for the day. It just won’ t let me dowload files they say they are too large. When they fix the issue more pics

2 Likes

I wasn’t saying that to you, I was running off of what @DollarBill was saying. The picture thing is causing some issues this past week or two, huh?

Can you remind me, did I talk to you about lightning struck oak?

1 Like

Yes you did a while back. There were a few people that said they had it and you did not get back with me. Do you still need? I will be in that area mushroom hunting soon. Be glad to gather some up and send it.

2 Likes