Do seeds need light while germinating?

no trimming anymore. You can trim after you cut her down to dry. Do not forget about re-vegging…

Definitely, from this picture. can you indicate what branches cut & what to save.

It is a little hard as you got pretty close but see if you can get the jist from this

you want to have some of those SMALL budlings

2 Likes

I agree with Mrb53004 you just need to leave some of those small leaf sites for the reveg.

1 Like

Ok @Mrb53004 & @dmtscravey, I’m up for the challenge. She’s had her last watering, I got her in the dark til Fri and I’ll start her chop. Very excited!!

3 Likes

Hi @Billfish and welcome!

I haven’t started my purple haze seeds yet - have another month to go before my current crop is ready - won’t have room till then.

Shelf life of seeds vary - @MDBuds is very knowledgeable regarding these types of questions.

1 Like

Per Eric Clapton - I will stay with you till me seeds are dry
Seeds can last indefinitely but there are FRESH SEEDS, seeds that are stored properly and old dry seeds. If they are quality, stored right, easily years

1 Like

Welcome @Billfish, check out YouTube there are many helpful stuff. I’m finishing my 2nd plant in 1st grow, this fourm & YouTube was key!!

1 Like

@Billfish tips for purple haze is she likes it more humid than other cultivars. Around 60% for veg and 40% for flower. She’s pretty easy to grow though and isn’t really fussy.

Shelf life for seeds all depends on how they are stored. Short term a dark dry place like a drawer will work fine. Long term you’ll want a good amber jar and a fridge or a freezer that you don’t access often so it maintains a cold dry environment.

2 Likes

Thanks for asking that question, I was wondering that too.I must have really old seeds because I have tried 10 seeds so far and only three are sprouting.

1 Like

When you have aged or dry seeds, you should add molasses and kelp to the sprouting procedure. The sugar replaces the sugars dried up in the seed and the kelp puts some nutrition back into it. The shell of the seed contains the FOOD for a seed to sprout and grow. Old seeds use up those ingredients so we supplement. Doesn’t mean they all will pop but it does increase the odds

4 Likes

Way cool… I will try that,thanks much.

How much molasses & kelp??

Molasses - just a dab. Remember, we only use a tsp a gallon so for seeding…it only takes a spot
Use @MDBuds formula - 1:1 milk/water, drop of molasses, same for liquid kelp
you only wet the paper towel and sprout seeds as usual
I soak 12 hrs in h2o / h2o2 (peroxide and water - cleans, sterilizes)…then into paper towel or coffee filters (they don’t get root tangled and seedlings come right out)

2 Likes