Do I have enough tent?

My last few grows I just took pictures and looked back at the days they were taken to figure out the time line. I really didn’t do that this time either. I guess I have just been to busy and just gave myself the time to get the seeds going and in the soil, I guess that’s the important part.

But you are right the girls need to tell their story as it goes along. The photo plants I have going I grew last time as well and they turned out great, all the auto strains are new to me and I’m excited to see the difference in each strain as they grow and mature. The tangie chocolope was by far the best tasting and having the best effects and the best yield of the girls I have grown so far.

Probably in another week or two I will start transplanting into bigger pots. Prior to this I only grew the later part of the year and finished the last 2 plants near Christmas. I think I may need to get a humidifier though as the humidity is pretty low right now and the temps have been dropping back off, I have a heater and a dehumidifier set up. I lost a plant late in the summer last year to mold and I feel it was because it was to humid. Lesson learned there for sure.

@jjress how big did you say your tent is if it was me i would go with 3gal pots for that many in a tent your going to be busy lol happy growing my friend

1 Like

I got 4 banner Fotos going into flower in my 4x4. It’s pretty busy in there lately. I in 2gal bags.

Getting light over the entire crop will be your challenge. More lights is more heat.

Your story will be interesting.

1 Like

It’s a 4X4. When the weather warms up I will rotate some of them out to get sunshine.

@jjress how many are you planning on putting outside you should be able to get by with 6 in there but you are going to have your hands full my friend lol

1 Like

I have a 4ft X 7ft i can fit 8 in it but mine i can work from both sides and its grow room give you ideal and that’s photos

1 Like

I am not sure exactly how many I will put outside, I just transplanted my photo plants yesterday and will be working on the autos this evening. I still have 4 autos that aren’t quite ready to be transplanted. I think I might order me another 4X4 tent and split these up a bit. But I am not sure yet.

I was considering passing some of the plants along to a few people I know but I don’t feel that the people I know would make a solid effort in keeping the plants healthy and alive. Next time I germinate some seeds I won’t start so many. And it probably would have been fine when 2 of the original amount of seeds didn’t make it, but then I got some new seeds and was excited to get a few of each of those going :joy::joy:.

I know I will be busy with making this work, but also it will allow me to try some different techniques with growing and LST and see what happens. One of the plants is growing like it has already been topped and I have done nothing to it. It’s interesting to see the differences in the different strains and even the differences of the same strains.

This is the plant that looks to have been topped, it will be interesting to see how this one turns out. It’s sister plants look normal.

@Daddy1971

Here is what my tent looks like at the moment.

1 Like

I have been using grow containers I bought from a grow container dealer in Mother earth news.They have a water container under the potting soil that holds 4 gallon and I feed them a fertilizer I bought from Mother Earth news called Chicken Soup for plants that is used in a gallon of rain water. I use 2 table spoons per a gallon of water.
I also bought 10, 5 gallon grow pots from amazon.

1 Like

Nice layout @jjress you’re going to have your hands full! Are you thinking of topping the two-headed one? Or fim 1, top 1 would be a cool experiment!

1 Like

That is going to look like Grand Central Station I’m a month.

That’s 4 Banners in a 4x4. It looked a lot more crowded before I cleaned up the under side.

The trick is getting the light to hit then all.

Good growing.

1 Like

The pots with the water container under the soil sounds cool. I might look into those or perhaps some of those smart pots but I think they are probably gonna be a bit pricey. I also bought a bunch of fabric pots on Amazon. All the bigger pots in my picture are 3 gallon and the smaller to the left are 1 gallon. I don’t think I’m gonna upsize any of the pots for the rest of this grow. I just transplanted 10 of the plants yesterday into fabric pots, those are all autos. The 4 biggest plants you see in the picture are photo plants.

Can you post some pics? Some hyperlinks to what you bought so we can see?

Here is the website for the planters with the 4 gallon bottom and a fertilizer
strip and a cloth weaved top to prevent weeds. You can read all about the pots
in this web page. I have 6 of them and they work better than I expected.

1 Like

@13johnst13 @Mrb53004 I was thinking about designing something like this for a totally automated outdoor grow.
My idea was to get coffee sacks, those big burlap bags the coffee places get their coffee in, then get some cotton ropes, 1/4" diameter to use as wicks. Put about 4 to 6 inches of lava rocks in the bottom of the coffee bags, fill with Fox Farms soil so you don’t need to feed for a while, with maybe 4 wicks from the lava rocks to about 2" from the top. I want to design a floating wooden frame, maybe with styrofoam so it’s not too heavy and provides better buoyancy. And then get it to sit about 5" in water so it will wick up the lava rocks and wick to the roots.
My prototype this summer will be just the bag and rocks and wicks, no frame. I want to put 1 bagged auto Bruce Banner outside in a 5" deep tub that is constantly full of water, simulating a pond. If it doesn’t work, I can hand water and save it. If it does work. my proof of concept is done then you just need to make the frame that will float the weight of a wet bag and 20 lbs worth of plant matter (nothing worse than having it sink or fall sideways! Will probably have to look at making outriggers so it won’t topple). Then next year I could hammer out a bunch of these and find a remote lake, no worries about deer that way!
Why autos? My next door neighbour had a couple of plants outside last year. Once they outgrew his greenhouse he had them on his deck. They got hammered in October by the rains here, I don’t think he got any decent bud off them, he said he might just chuck them. So I need something that finishes early, hence autos started inside and put out in June.

1 Like

I tried 3 plants in each planter and it cramped the plants. As the planters should only hold 2 plants in each planter. In my 4 foot by 4 foot grow tents.3 planters work out fine. But in that little space you don’t want to waste your time on growing any males.

I like the concept and my advice is - make sure the water MOVES. You are basically doing a reservoir and that can be a single point of failure. If the water is bad, all plants suffer. If you use a pump to make the water move (like the way a river runs and water actually gets clean by the rocks / elements in the riverbed). If the nutrients leak into the water, you can have fungus, mold, rootrot and other similar issues

@Mrb53004 Yeah, I thought about that, and the best I can do drain and refill daily. Which sucks, as I will be using tap water. Might just have to fill 2 5-gallon pails every day, let them sit overnite and exchange the next day so the chlorine and chloramines dissipate. The proof of concept may need daily care and monitoring. I don’t mind, lots of time on my hands! If it works and goes into production next year, the water source will be self-exchanging and hopefully I can visit every couple of weeks to tuck and trim only, maybe a bit of food.

Kind of stupid having to have a guerrilla grow in a legal country! Wish they’d increase the limit to more than 4 per household.

1 Like

make sure on the limits - 4 per household or 4 per person. Here we can grow for each person so wife, son, daughter, even friend

Oh I’m sure…unfortunately! 4 per household. Glad I’m the only one puffing in it!

1 Like