Difference between topping and fimming

They absolutely do. :fireworks: :fireworks:

Just a couple pics from today. They are getting good Frosty Tops on them!

5 Likes

Just comparing to your previous grows how dose this one look like it will weigh out?

1 Like

@Jared I think at this point it’s hard to say. I’ll have to wait and see how they fill out but I would think compared to my other shorter plants but did not have near as many tops I Got 5 ounces off of so this one is probably 10 ounces Maybe if it fills in as big as my other plants did which I believe it will. So I’m guessing 10 to 14 oz per plant but time will tell. This tall was my biggest plant previously with 8 oz of dried, cured bud and this short one was my best short plant with 5 oz of dried bud so you can kind of look at them and compare. The short plant only grew about 29 in tall. But the other plant ended up growing five and a half foot tall with a 27 in buy 10 inch diameter main bud.

!

4 Likes

@dmtscravey thats kinda what i was wondering how the higher volume of smaller buds was comparing to the fewer larger ones. Interested to see how it ends up.

2 Likes

@dmtscravey bro, i’ve always Topped then FIM’d along the way and never hurrying

GIF_20210120_223749 GIF_20210120_223626 GIF_20210126_182445 @dmtscravey :smile: @Daddy1971 :v: my wife says we grow like an Exotic Strip Bar Club

6 Likes

Kaleidoscopes. :star_struck: :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks:

1 Like

That’s the way i did top then fimed

4 Likes

And alot of LST work pretty good for me

3 Likes

It looks like you did a really good job on the plant she looks healthy happy and a lot of tops. My plant has seven main branches and each branch has a minimum of six tops growing on each one for a total of over 42 budding tops!! I am definitely going to top and fim every plant from now on probably just to control the vertical growth of the plants and to add many many more tops per plant. Here’s a couple of buds from the plant on the right I took this morning.

6 Likes

That’s the way this one is its doing well also

6 Likes

Your plant is looking awesome that is a great job there

1 Like

@Daddy1971 @dmtscravey both look Super

1 Like

Thank you for the compliment i appreciate it

1 Like

Sounds and smells so good, even the funky part @dmtscravey :laughing:.

2 Likes

Do not overdo the tops. More doesn’t always mean bigger yield. Sometimes it is just smaller buds. What you have now is PERFECTION. I am awaiting yield count after dry and to see how much those glorious buds FILL UP. We haven’t seen a pic in a few days…!!!
The only thing that could be better would be different strains. You could try a WonderWoman, her yield are off the charts. There are others with super high yields based on your desired strain. WoWo would fit in your arsenal as she is not sativa heavy so no heebiejeebiies for you
What makes Wonder Woman so wonderful? If you were to ask growers, they would say it’s the plant’s impressively high yields; if you were to ask consumers, they would probably cite its long-lasting buzz
I usually grow her every spring/summer as she is an easy grow with super hardiness. She was one of the FEW plants that made it through the Vegas heat wave of 116+ for 3 weeks
She does grow BIG and likes a LOT of training / trimming. I would get more than HALF the amount off the bottom nodes as the top nodes. Very few can reach that quantity

2 Likes

This one is a clone i got around quarter pound off one of mother

plant and going for more

2 Likes

After trying one of my first grows using various types of LST, I decided to get a bit more rigorous in terms of LST. One major problem I’m having is branches breaking when I try to move the string holding them down out further on the branch so they can stretch more horizontally. I’m being as careful as possible, but so far 6 branches have broken at various points. I was able to use them as clones (still rooting), but it really cuts down on the number of bud points that will be available.

As far as I can tell, the branches are very healthy, but still green and supple. When they break, they “snap” to where thy just about fall off. I’ve tried various bending and hold down techniques, gadgets, string, twist ties, pipe cleaners, etc and all give me the same general problems.

Any advice would be appreciated!

1 Like

Bill, it means you have good silica in your substrate. It makes the stems grow like straws. Do not try to tie them down in 1 shot. Manipulate them a little each day, especially after darkness when the plant is a little more subtle. Before you bend a branch, roll it in between your fingers to loosen up the fibers. Like Kyles chiropractics but be gentle. You do not have to do it in 1 day. You have plenty of time to get those branches to where you want them, just take your time
Bill, you have an EE, right? I would like to talk to you about a little gizmo, let me know I got the right Bill and I will private contact you

1 Like

Thanks @Mrb53004 - I’ll start doing that. Guess I went a bit overboard too soon. But what’s there is looking really good, so I’m not too despondent.
And yes, you have the right Bill. PM me and we can discuss…

1 Like