[Diary #145] They say you can’t top autoflowers

I topped my autoflower until I had 42 tops

Originally published at: https://homegrowndiary.com/diary/145-remmmy87/week/1

1 Like

For real? What strain was it? I’ve done some breaking but haven’t got the nerve to try topping or fimming on an auto

1 Like

I top certain autoflowers. Opinion is that you get close to the same return whether you top or not.
Some stunt on you, some hermie. With such a short life cycle, the ““RECOMMENDATION”” is to NOT TOUCH…
I top and fim:
GSC
Bruce
Orange Sherb
Purple Haze
and a few more
I do not touch
GG4, Lemon Haze, Pineapple, Tangerine
to each his own

I also transplant certain ones and it extend their grow period
I grew a GSC for over 16 weeks

2 Likes

I’m noticing too that they can go way longer than they recommend. I have a cream and a tangerine dream auto that are in week 14 and they still aren’t quite ripe.

3 Likes

@Kronic has a YT video of his woman’s auto…I think she is over 120 days…He talks about something like revegging, which is not an accurate description as you can’t reveg an auto, but you can grow them on and on and on
I push plenty of my auto’s beyond their estimated life cycle. I get my greatest bud density, terpene development during this time.

3 Likes

Very cool. Ya even at week 14 right now they don’t have any amber trichomes yet.

1 Like

@mike Yea day 205 we chopped and 215 we harvested. We pressed her and she was lovely! Not as couch lock as I coulda made her but she was more of a relaxing effect.

I say top your autos, just do it earlier rather than later! :smiley:

3 Likes

Hey Anthony!

This sounds amazing! I would love to see images!