Cuvée (old TGA ) anything here use its genes? RIP Subcool

I emailed the “help under contact us” and they said they have no idea not growers. To post my question here. I think this question is for the seed bank but it cannot hurt to ask here.

I followed Swami before he became your (site) ambassador. In the past he spoke often and raved and promoted how good Cuvee is for outdoor. It is an old TGA strain. Does anything in your lineup match or is bred from that? I found no matches searching the site. Is there any way to pass this question on to Swami. I like the site and plan to place an order soon. Cuvée is tops on my list. I love that you have Jillybean (old TGA strain also) for it is what first brought me to your site. Where I live the falls are wet and mornings dewy. The old TGA strains held up great here for mold. (Except agent orange; it’s a moldy mess). Thank you for your time and keep up the good site.

NoddyKitty ( near Seattle)

3 Likes

@Kronic Any advice on this?

2 Likes

@Noddykitty hey there! Welcome to our forum and that is an amazing strain! You’d be seeking kyles cherry AK or a chocolope strain. You’re seeking those chocolate cherry terps which is a rare mixture for terpenes. As far as I know that’s an exclusive strain as the cross is through strains they bred as well.

2 Likes

@Noddykitty @Kronic is spot on. If you want to get as close to subcool’s original cuvee since no one has it anymore you’d either have to track down the pinot noir and space queen and breed them together then pheno hunt or get a chocalope and cherry ak or the cherry pie and breed those together.

If you want as close to cuvee as you can get get a pinot noir clone and breed it with a space queen regular.

2 Likes

I figured that was the case. Just trying to cut the pheno hunt a season or 2. I love doing seed runs here after the fall crop is in. It rarely freezes here in Seattle so I always do seed runs after the fall crops are in. Never enough sun to flower properly, but a dream for growing spindly clones full of seeds!

Thanks for the input.
Noddykitty

3 Likes

Under a temporary greenhouse (rainfly).

2 Likes

now I’m hungry again chocolope cherry ak

1 Like

Welcome @Noddykitty. I too am searching for some older strains. The closest I’ve found to the pinot line is a sour×vino in my searches for some of the older strains. And I found it locally from a grower, not from a seed bank. I was really glad to see the Skywalker added to the cultivars with character group.

Maybe they will be adding new strains to those collections.

2 Likes