Co2 bags for 5×5 tent & 2 autos

I’ve heard Co2 bags increase yield but also decrease humidity. Any suggestions would be helpful.

1 Like

@FatKid :v:

1 Like

For CO2 bags to be effective, your temps have to be up over 80f…That is MAJOR CONSIDERATION as you then have to account for the humidity change and stage of life for your plants
It is a matter of opinion…I have not seen enough of an increase in buds based on the cost. In a large environment, where we use CO2 tanks and controllers…that is a different story. The room is sealed and daytime CO2 levels are kicked up to 1200-1500. Nightime - OFF
In a small tent, exhaust fans / positive / negative pressure brings in enough fresh air to supply all the co2 the plants need
Again, this is MY OPINION…

3 Likes

@Mrb53004 @FatKid sit the MYCELLIUM bag on a heating pad at floor level if your fan blows upwards on low heat at the time you start producing buds

2 Likes

I ordered an Exhale 365 self activating Co2 bag from Amazon & my tent temp is 79-80 degrees & 70% humidity. It said to hang up high & forget, I took the gamble… Do I need a Co2 meter for this?

Oh, & I have 3 autos now, not 2. :grinning:
Zkittles, Amnesia Haze, & Magnum

Those bags do raise the Co2 in your tent, environmental factors already mentioned need to be right to be truly effective. Definitely increase the air temp and humidity for better results. You may also need to adjust your light height to increase the ppfd.

To be most effective you need to be in a sealed room, and only exchange the air as needed, not as dictated by the temp. But it will still have an effect.

The most important factor is your ppfd. It need to be over 750 at minimum to start using more Co2 than the air contains (typically). Once you hit 1000ppfd it almost becomes a necessity to have extra. Over 1200 and it IS a necessity.

2 Likes

Thanks @Rye I’m brand new at this & idk what ppfd means

1 Like

Is there a budget meter I can to get to monitor the Co2?

Another cheap co2 method is to put sugar and water Add yeast in 2liter pop bottle and drill a hole in the cap put a hose in the cap attach hose to your fan

2 Likes

PPFD- Par Per Foot of Distance. (This numbered is governed by the inverse square law) how much light is put out by fixture at at set distance.

PAR-- Photo Active Radiation (wavelength that plants actually use to grow)

Kelvin-- what wavelength the light produced is, also known as the temperature of the light, commonly referred as soft white light, cold white, full spectrum, etc. 3500k and lower for flower stage, 4000k and above for vegetation stage.

Several good videos on youtube about lighting. A ton of misinformation and misunderstood information as well.

1 Like

As for cheap C02 meters, none that I am aware of, but I’m sure they exist. Or theres a way to figure it out.

1 Like

@Rye Thanks. That sounds complicated to this newbie… I have a spider farmer led spf4000 light in 5×5 spider farmer tent. Pleanty of heat & humidity regulated by a digiten meter. I’m planting my 3 Autos today. Just trying to learn what will help my grow

1 Like

A CO2 meter is for a sealed environment…you do not need it in a tent. Do not go overboard, you are making it more complicated than it has to be
Plant, water, add a few nutes here and there, grow, harvest, enjoy…

1 Like

Thanks @Mrb53004 I have advanced nutrients nutes.

1 Like

That light is 450w at the wall, probably 435 at the lamp. Spread over 25 sq feet. Your not in the required stage yet.

@FatKid Typically we all do stuff different and over years Refine our touch

4 Likes

Thanks Everyone! I’ve decided to send the Co2 bag back & be simple like y’all suggested.

1 Like

Beautiful Girl @DollarBill I’m sure you have yrs of growing experience & I hope to get buds like you one day :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@FatKid you’ll do good bro :v: just don’t sweat it and spend what you can. My first grow way back was so Huge and Tasty and i did nothing but organic soil. since then i spice my grow all natural

1 Like