CBD Shishkaberry x Candida...good for pain and anxiety?

Hi, everyone. I am new to this growing thing and just got everything ordered I will be needing. I should be getting it all set up this weekend. I already order seeds from Homegrown, one was CBD Shishkaberry x Candida Feminized, I am not looking for a huge high, I need to function during the day, but am hoping I made the right decision for back and neck pain, mostly muscle related, and for anxiety. High THC seems to get my heart pounding and gives me anxiety/panic attacks about half the time. Doc has me on a pain med and a benzo which I want to do away with! I have a 17-year old son I need to keep up with and these prescription drugs are not what I am looking for! Also, I love gardening so hoping it will be relaxing and therapeutic just growing. Anyone know anything about the one I got, how best to grow it, or another one that would work better for my issues? And wish me luck, hoping to have beautiful plants/buds like so many here!
Thanks a lot!

4 Likes

@CML the CBD Shishkaberry X Candida will do just fine for muscle pains as it has pretty high anti-inflammatory properties. It’s also an anxiolytic so it shouldn’t cause that anxiety you’re worried about with high THC strains.

It doesn’t get huge and stays pretty short but you can get a decent yield indoor with a controlled climate. Keep it around 70f with good light and airflow. Make sure you trim up the plant to allow airflow through the canopy and you should be golden.

As far as low THC higher CBD strains go my personal favorite is the CBD white widow. It’s pretty good for pain and anxiety.

The one I’m most excited to try to grow though is the CBD ratio 1:30. Up to 30% cbd and max 1% thc.

1 Like

Thank you for your quick response, I appreciate it! I was looking at CBD white widow but there are so many out there I started to get confused, I think I will try that one as well.

I appreciate the CBD ratio 1:30, up to 30% CBD and max 1% THC, but I still do like a bit of a high, not sure this will provide that at all.

I got a Mars Hydro TSW 2000W Led Grow Light for a 4x4 grow tent and an extra fan, so hopefully I will be good to go. I watched nearly every Kyle video out there, lol, so trimming will be done for sure, although some of the hardcore trimming seems a bit scary. What is this molasses used for? I never read about that until I came in here. Is that used as a sole nutrient?

Thanks again for your time! :blush:

1 Like

@CML You’re welcome. Molasses is used to supplement the plant with sugars and other micronutrients so it can grow. Sugars are especially important during flowering because they give the plant the energy to help fatten up the buds. Since the plant respires for 12 hours during dark time and uses up its starch stores it can require supplementation.

It’s not used as a sole nutrient as you put it. It’s used as a supplement in combination with other nutrients. Organic unsulfured black strap molasses or high brix mfp are the best to use.

Sugars also help feed the beneficial aerobic bacteria in the soil and the mychorrizae. So it helps keep your soil healthy too.

1 Like

Thanks again! I have much to learn! The soil I chose is Foxfarm Happy Frog but figured I would need to add some other stuff to it later on. More research for me, I really want to get this right.

1 Like

You should be ok without nutrient supplementation in happy frog for a month or two. Just remember along the way that when it comes to using nutrients in soil less is more. Always start with the lowest feeding and wait to see what happens before increasing it the next feeding if needed. With soil you can always add more, but it’s hard to take away. It’s easier to treat a deficiency than a toxicity or a surplus. Happy growing. :v::call_me_hand::metal:

1 Like

MDBuds, I will let you know how it goes on the 30:1. I planted sep 6. About 2/3 weeks earlier I planted CBD RED - image . Red Pure Auto CBD is born from the union of Sweet CBD and Red Poison Auto. The result of this cross is a cannabis strain specifically designed for medical users looking for the benefits of cannabis who don’t necessarily want to experience THC’s dreaded psychoactive effect. It flowered immediately after first node. Small plant, very little odor, thick dense cola. Here is my plant =

Nothing like advertisement. 30:1 =

2 Likes

@CML welcome to the forum. Glad you found us. The soil is a great choice and will feed your plants for at least the first month, probably longer, but it’s not too hot that it will burn your seedlings.

Tons of information and pictures on this forum for first time cannabis growers. But with your previous gardening experience your already a step ahead of most.

3 Likes

Thank you, so glad there are so many out there to help out! I am enjoying everyone’s posts and pics, and learning tons!

2 Likes

Hi @CML I hope it helps with your pain. I want to try CBD/THC auto to see if it helps with my pain & insomnia.

Good luck & happy growing

2 Likes

I got all my seeds Tuesday! I am super excited, but worried. I felt like I should keep it simple stupid. I soaked my seeds in water for 24 hours in a dark cabinet then removed them before they got a tap root, I just did not want to risk damage to the tiny root, and then placed the seeds those little seed starting soil pods (I removed a lot of the dense peat moss that was in the pods and filled it back up with Happy Frog, just felt the dense peat moss was holding too much soaked soil and allowed no oxygen), sprayed with water and put plastic dome on top. I also figured that since they are in the dark under the soil, I could place them under my grow light for a little extra warmth and the light will be there when they do sprout. Does any of what I did seem bad or okay? Light is an LED Mars Hydro 2000 set at 24 inches at 30% light, it is currently 77 degrees in the tent. I feel like I am being impatient but hoping to see the little seeds popping through the dirt by the weekend.

1 Like

@CML The peat would have been fine without the happy frog. Peat is loose and retains moisture which is why it and coco coir are great for starting seeds. I’ve never started seeds in happy frog so I don’t know if it would be too hot for the seedling but you generally don’t want to start seeds in a soil with a lot of nutrients. If you mixed it properly with the peat it should be fine though. I start my seeds under a light too when I use coco or peat so you’ll be fine there as long as you dim your light and keep it the proper distance away so it doesn’t shock the seedling when it sprouts. You want the light intensity to be between 200-400 ppfd for seedlings. No more or less.

1 Like

Thanks, MDBuds, you are very helpful! I saved some seeds to start over if I messed anything up. I guess I should have left them in the peat moss alone, just seemed so soaking wet, I did mix it with HF (about 50/50) so hopefully it will be good. I tend to overthink things. Thank you also for the light information, I think I will dim it down a little more.

1 Like

@CML you’re welcome. In the future though yes I would just use the peat or coco. It is meant to retain moisture to create the humidity needed for germination and seedlings. As long as it isn’t dripping wet you should be good. The most nutrients I usually give my seeds when in peat or coco is just a splash of liquid kelp in the water. It works wonders and no need to worry about burning your seeds. Happy growing. :v::call_me_hand::metal:

1 Like

Happy frog is ok for seed starting and cloning, its not near as hot as ocean forest. I have great luck using it and pro mix at a 50/50 ratio.

2 Likes

Thank you, I was worried about the HF, but I am so happy, I looked this morning and I have life with one about ready to pop up! Waiting on the other 3 but hopefully they are close behind these 2.

2 Likes

@The purple Kush really helps with my insomnia and camls the brain down so I don’t have nightmares.

1 Like

I am proud of myself, lol. This little girl, along with 5 others, are 6 days old and I did not kill any! I think I made a mistake getting the big 7 gallon grow bags, they are huge for my tent and required a LOT of soil, which I ran out of. I just decided to put them right in the big grow bags instead of messing with them later so I wouldn’t have to transplant, hope that was the right decision. For next grow reference is 3 gallon big enough for autos and 5 gallon for photos? I was also having a heat issue, it was hovering around 83 degrees, so put an AC in the room and opened up the tent, things are much cooler now, around 75. I would imagine it is fine to leave the tent open while lights are on? I guess I don’t need to adding anything but water right now, but I did get some Chicken Soup for soil I was thinking of using next week…any thoughts on Chicken Soup? I don’t want to be a pain to anyone, just so excited about my first indoor grow. Please let me know if anything looks “off” with my girls as they grow. Thank you!

1 Like

@CML everything looks healthy to me. You can have the tent open with lights on no issue. You also don’t have to worry about light with autos. They’ll flower regardless of any light pollution during dark time.

As for the size of the pots that’s all dependent on the size of the plant and how often you want to water or feed. Larger pots mean less waterings and feedings and can grow larger plants. Photos I always grow in 5 to 50 gallon pots depending on the strain. Some get huge with massive root systems and need all that space and soil. Some not so much.

Autos on the other hand usually get 5 feet tall max and will be fine in 3 to 5 gallon fabric pots.

1 Like

Thank you! I may have made things harder on myself because I am growing autos and photos at the same time, the autos I am not really worried about, they will probably be out of the tent before I change the photos to 12/12 anyway. 50-gallon pots I would assume outside? No way I could fit those in my tent. I imagine I will have to turn my photos to 12/12 when they are around 3 feet because of limited space in the grow tent? People are telling me I should not be growing photos inside, but hey I want to try.

1 Like