CBD Shishkaberry x Candida...good for pain and anxiety?

@CML Yes outside. Giant sativas are fun to grow but take a lot of work. I won’t use anything bigger than a 10 gallon pot inside.

Your average 3 to 6 foot photo will be fine in a 5 to 10 gallon pot though. 7s are perfect imo. You can grow photos inside no problem. Depending on their size you can either do a short veg and flip to flower after just 4 weeks or so or you can use height limiting techniques like topping, fiming, or LST. With sativa photos in a 6 foot tent if you don’t want to top or scrog I would flip to flower when they reach 1.5 feet tall because they can stretch up to 3 times their size in flower. Indicas I’ll flip about the same time if grown with some sativas but if grown separately I’ll flip them later because they only stretch maybe twice their size in flower.

1 Like

MDBuds, you are the best! Thank you for being here for me! I take notes on all the advice you give me! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@CML you’re welcome. Happy growing. :v::call_me_hand::metal:

2 Likes

I am sorry to bug you again, I found this on ONE of the fabric pots, what the heck is this and should i remove the pot? I put a glove on and wiped some off and it was brownish on the glove. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

@CML this might sound weird, but did you smell it? From what I can see in the photo it could just be a stain from run off leaching from watering, but it might also be a mold or algae. Does it smell kind of moldy and mildewy or does it smell like your soil and nutrients?

here are some better pics of this stuff. I smelled it on the glove and did not really small anything. The fabric is a bit wet on the bottom down there. Gosh I hope I don’t have mold already!

1 Like

1 Like

@CML That looks like what is called dog vomit slime mold. It’s mostly harmless but it is unsightly. Just clean it up and spray it with 50/50 mix of milk and water or some garlic oil spray a vinegar and water solution or diluted hydrogen peroxide will work. Just spray it on the outside of the pot.

I always treat the outside of my pots with vinegar and garlic sprays. It prevents both molds and pests.

This is common with the high heat you’ve been having and also a sign that your humidity is too high. Do you have a hygrometer to measure your RH?

1 Like

Yuck, dog vomit, lol. Okay i can mix up one of those and spray the bottom of the pot, I will do them all while i am at it. Humidity was round 50% but today it is around 62%, I did not think that was too bad, but could lower it some.

1 Like

@CML I’d just increase airflow at the floor around your pots. Maybe put in a small intake fan or a 6 inch desk fan to help keep the bottom of your pots dry. Those 80+ temps with RH in the 60s and wet pots you’ll get a bit of mold. Most of the molds and mildews are harmless but it’s best to prevent them anyway just in case some rust, gray mold, or powdery mildew shows up.

Thank you again! I will get right on this stuff!

1 Like

Hi, everyone.

My girls are looking great, I think! I do have a question though. These 2 plants are supposed to be CBD Shishkaberry but they look totally different to me. Think they are the same even though they look so different? Note: The CBD Shis #2 was just topped yesterday, so that is not why. (19 days old today)

Thanks!

1 Like

They both look fairly similar to me. Traditional indica growth patterns. One just has bigger fan leaves and the other appears to be focusing on nodes and has slightly shorter internodal spacing.

This can be a slight pheno variance which is common even in stabilized genetics or it can be as simple as one is getting slightly less or more light than the other.

Either way they are both healthy and look great. Happy growing. :v::call_me_hand::metal:

Oh, okay, and thank you!! :slight_smile: Happy growing to you too.

1 Like

I have a question. I have 3 different plants in this grow, CBD Shishkaberry, Gelato, and 2 autos, Candy Cream. However, It looks like I have 3 plants going into flower, is it possible for one of the photos to look like it is going into flower too? I thought I might of mixed up the seeds, but I know I only planted 2 of the autos. Light is on 18/6 and plants are 5 weeks old now. Here are pics of the three with little white hairs starting:

If it’s flowering with more than 12/12 light it’s an auto. Could have planted the wrong seed or could have got an auto mixed in with your photos in your order.

Or maybe, and this is a big maybe since it’s pretty rare, the ethylene from the flowering autos triggered a survival response in one of your photos. It’s a rare occurrence but I’ve heard of it happening. The presence of ethylene can activate genes and make flowering plants mature faster.

1 Like

Thanks, MD Buds, does it look like these 3 are going into flower? I don’t know what ethylene is so I will have to research that. So, should I just let them go, I was going to turn lite to 12/12 in about 2 weeks, should I stick with that plan or turn light now?

1 Like