Can anyone help a Newbie?

I have three pictures of some auto that I would like to get some input on, this is my first grow.

2 Likes

You need to give more info. Age Lighting etc.

2 Likes

It is week 9. Six LED stand lights for plants with 4 tentacles Hydrofarm with CFL 65 W times six. The timing is on but being the first one a little advice never hurts.

1 Like

Hans I would appreciate your input with my new info you requested.

1 Like

@Cannaman22 I do not think you listed your question, what is it you need help with???

1 Like

Like @retiredoldguy said need more info look like you need to know when to harvest @Cannaman22

1 Like

My question is do the trichomes look like it’s ready to harvest from the pictures. It is Gelato Auto in the 9th week of flowering. I have six 65 watt CFL hanging lights plus six LED stand lights from Amazon that have four bendable lights to reach the lower areas to give light. I know they are clear and almost sure they still need a week or two. What is your opinion by the pictures??? The space is 5x10x7.

1 Like

My question is do the trichomes look like it’s ready to harvest from the pictures. It is Gelato Auto in the 9th week of flowering. I have six 65 watt CFL hanging lights plus six LED stand lights from Amazon that have four bendable lights to reach the lower areas to give light. I know they are clear and almost sure they still need a week or two. What is your opinion by the pictures??? The space is 5x10x7.

1 Like

What other information is needed??? I hope for a good knowledgeable input. I know clear, cloudy and amber trichomes. Depending on if you want a body high, euphoric high or body and couch lock effect. Just an opinion on the trichomes and is it ready based on pics?

1 Like

The lights are all new. Everything is because I am a beginner seeking help. That’s why I joined the community. Can anyone help?

1 Like

So many people that know better than I do… but if you’re looking for a deeper high, I think you’ve got a couple of weeks left before icing them down and cranking down the lights. Get some amber trichomes into those lower buds.

Happy growing

3 Likes

Thank you Dale. So Autos are not always right on schedule then?

1 Like

As I understand autos the time frames can very depending on a lot of factors. Training techniques, nutrients, light schedule, actual light the plants are taking in, PH throughout it the cycle, temp. Hydro or soil. Also when they say it’s a 10 week flower that can very depending on all the above and some more I’m sure. I don’t honestly think you can give a schedule for a plant unless you get the exact grow conditions that it was grown in to get that schedule. Keep checking them girls and when you harvest I’m sure it’ll be great.

4 Likes

Example

2 Likes

Thank you Dale. So Autos are not always right on schedule then?

2 Likes

Dang very nice. I hope to get there one day. Open a Processing Business in 420. Who knows? Lol You sure have nice flower! Congrats to you.

1 Like

So you would think two weeks out? Can, I just flush a week where I can catch the flower up, because I flushed a week or better already? I love learning. Not the fastest so patience appreciated.

1 Like

They have pretty much been on a schedule. A vegetative of 18/6 and a 12/12 flowering period. The PH is great with peat moss mixture. It runs 6-7, but I am noticing here towards the end, it is more like 8 or high 7s. I am checking my water’s ph before watering and the PH I try to get is 6.3 but everyone knows how hard that is close but hard to be on the money, so it is 5.5-6.5 and I am happy. I think anyway? Open to constructive criticism to learn more. I am excited to be here with you guys.

1 Like

I also topped the plants. I didn’t support them with SROG. I used steaks. Anything else I just had some Ice Cream. Lol

1 Like

Why did you change your light cycle in an auto? Autos don’t need that change in light cycle. Give them girls more light. I honestly can’t answer questions on much of the ph ranges in soil. However, I believe if you are at this stage you are doing great and are going to be fine. I also don’t see any reason to flush during the life cycle of an auto unless you see signs of burn and in the last week before harvest. Also I think you need to know you are doing way more than I have done. My suggestions are solely based on research and I have put in countless hours researching a lot of topics. However I need to start honing in on some more specifics specially before I start my grow here within the next month fingers crossed. I just don’t want to come off as a know-it-all….I know in gardening I let my plants talk to me with what they need. So I also firmly believe in what works for you or me might not work for others! Happy growing have a great time and enjoy that ice cream might go spark uo myself!

3 Likes