Black Cadillac Auto grow failed! ... Purple Dawn Photo

Think this first one will be mom for the Purple Dawn… a little slow but I like the look of her. The other two are getting tied down and spit on

1 Like

A little more perky now… just finished tieing down limbs in the last pics. Wondering if I should transplant the two I want to flower into bigger pots?? Thoughts???

1 Like

Plugging right along. Thinking of switching them soon and the clones and black caddy looking alright as well

3 Likes

I noticed when I posted the prior pics that I had some canoeing going on. Lifted the light and added more airflow…then gave a feeding of just phed water. Does seem to be relaxing and the new growth looks pretty good. Backtracked pics and found that possibly when I ramped up the nutes is when it hit… kinda wierd becuase the four young ones took the nutes just fine?? Anyway sure the airflow isn’t going to hurt. Once I get them looking happy again still plan on switching to 12/12. Kinda crazy the lil ones are the same height as the Purple Dawn. I had so much fun with my first experiment with lst. Thought a broke them a couple times definitely know to watch a little closer in the future.

1 Like

You need more air flow if it was me i would trim them bottom leaves @regnartS some

2 Likes

Cleaned up the bottoms some… think we are in the clear now. Hitting them with a lower dose of nutes for today’s feeding and hopefully back on track

@regnartS,

Those look great. Can I humbly offer a tip? No hurt feelings if you decline….

Those look like they could use a quick foliar feed for N. They are growing great so that’s what I would do instead of a heavy feed or top dress. I would put a shot glass full of household grocery store ammonia into a standard 1000ml spray bottle. NEVER do it with the lights on. At bed time or 30 min before lights on. Then mist it all over till it dripping.

It will look like you painted them a shade greener over night. The ammonia NH4+ is immediately absorbed into the leaves as a N boost.

3 Likes

Love input… I will give it a go tomorrow

1 Like

Repeat not in the light. Or dim it down to low for 30 min if that’s an option.

1 Like

Day 55 ish and running out of space in this tent quick. Haven’t found any ammonia yet… hopefully today I can pick some up so I can spray em down at bed time. Having so much fun with these. And they were freebie!

1 Like

Will this work? @Noddykitty

1 Like

Yep that’s it, or the lemon scented. I have used that plenty.

1 Like

It worked! Good stuff and thank you
Went really light but did get noticeable difference in the green.

1 Like

I would hit it 2-3 times this next week and then stop as you continue to flower. You do not want to keep hitting the N boost into flower. Or else it will needless stretch and worse slow flower.

Spider mites do not like ammonia in the face, and neither do fungus knats. But most effectively ammonia (just like you did) is great at battling powdery mildew. An old hippy grow mentor (who long since passed) from the 90s taught me that trick for killing powdery mildew on my pumpkins and zucchini and cucumbers. 10 years later I over sprayed my pumpkins and hit some young cannabis.

I immediately noticed the difference.:point_left:

2 Likes

Got em where I want them… Going into flower now…day 60ish.

Plus one day…

2 Likes

All seems fairly well off. The little autos have been neglected… so moved them in with the purple dawn and hopefully get them a little happier soon.

1 Like

1 Like

@regnartS Looking great! I can see the difference 2 days made, ladies are filling the tent nicely.

2 Likes

My happy girls… if I hadn’t topped and tied them down I’d definitely be out of headroom in the tent already. Going to have to shorten the lanyards on the LED to make room I think.

2 Likes

@regnartS they look great nice job happy growing