Black Cadillac Auto grow failed! ... Purple Dawn Photo

I got a question for anyone up on coco… use mykos or no? I’m thinking no… becuase it will just get flushed when I water. Thoughts?

2 Likes

The mycos would pretty much just be wasted. Not because it will get flushed, rather because it has no role to play. Your synthetic nutes don’t need to be composted to become available since they are already water soluble (nitrate, phosphate, potassium sulfate, these are all water soluble salts)

I do use coco but I use it as the peat component in my potting mix. I use worm castings for the compost ingredient and I feed with organic amendments.

You’re in more of a hydroponic style grow. You might need some nutes, I can’t really answer that.

I’m like Reed @Daddy1971, I don’t add any additional fertilizer to seedlings, since the compost is sufficient.

2 Likes

@CurrDogg420 that’s what I was thinking i don’t know how to answer the question where his soil has nothing in it for the seedlings @regnartS if it was me i would transplant them to your grow pots with a soil that will feed the seedlings on it own when you water or if you live near a creek river pond to get some water that will feed them would work too

2 Likes

Grey area is ok but sometimes we want to hit the mark, even if it s only for a week. It creates / provides the pristine environment and during that period, the plants do their best. I grow seedlings to veg to flower in the same tent and round robin the VPD so each gets a chance. The sprouts are the most sensitive so I try to keep them in their zone longer before giving way to the veg and flower plants. Grey represents balance as each get their time in the sun

2 Likes

Five days in and the 3rd sprout is thinking about joining the party…

1 Like

Got roots out the bottom of the cups… the two larger will get thier 2 gallon home soon

1 Like

First veg feed. 1.5 ec 5.8 ph and 1050 ppm
Watered around outer edge rather then full soak to get the roots to maybe search a little so I can pull the props + still moist right around root zone anyway at this point.

2 Likes

Is that dry ice in the humidifier? What do you figure is the cost per day on that?

2 Likes

Naaaw just a humidifier… I leave the top off to cut down on refills and keep the moisture as low as possible… atleast thats the thought

And I see where your thought came from… and I’m at this on a hobby that I’m very invested in… if it was dry ice and it helped and I could afford it… it would be a thing… I want to grow the best I can and will not stop

2 Likes

Second feeding and staying at 5.8 ph and 1050 ppm… seeing just a tiny bit of color on the tips of the new growth, may back down the nutes a tad if it continues. And the slow poke third sprout is in its new home and with her sisters. 3 for 3 on free seeds isn’t bad.

purple dawn

black caddy :grin:
Maybe I can flower them roughly at the same time?? Could make for cool pics

1 Like

3 Likes

Coming along… and the two Black Caddy’s are out.

Whew 87 trying to cook the sprouts lol. Glad I noticed… back that off a touch fo sho

1 Like

Some Master Kush in the mix

1 Like

Black caddy. Ready for a new home

1 Like

2 Likes

Did you crack the cup, or burry it?

1 Like

Cracked the cup. I hate doing it becuase its seems violent no matter how careful I try to be, but I like to be able to see when the roots look ready for transplant.

1 Like

Wow, good idea…Now that I have seen the pics, I’m gonna do it…I’ve entertained the idea, I just needed the pics to do it…

1 Like

Looks like the Black Caddy and the Master Kush might make it.

The Purple Dawn is starting week 5. Ive topped the two larger once and fim for the smaller. Starting some mild lst for the first time.

1 Like

1 Like