Best ways to Organically boost Flower size and production

Looking for advice on how to organically boost flower size and production? In my indoor grow room. Or anyone’s grow room.

1 Like

Lights and genetics will be the main decider… the better the light the better the yield… I dont know your level of skill so I will mention everything in order I believe would be easiest and most organic. Screen of green or sea of green or Low stress training or high stress training (except on autos due to recovery time complications ) doesn’t require any chemicals, worm castings are organic and will increase yield but keep an eye on your nitrogen levels. Adding unsulphered molasses will increase yield, big and sticky from the vegamatrix line will as well. Increasing co2 levels helps but if its in your living quarters then be careful and get a good reader. Thats all I can think of for now.

Strain is Grape Soda Hemp. Because it is not yet legal to grow marijuana here in tennessee :face_with_raised_eyebrow:🥲. It is an Indica cross. Growing medium is 50/50 mix of Fox Farm ocean forest and fox farm happy frog. Lights are Spider Farmer SF1000 and SF2000 led full spectrum. Grow room is separate from my living space. Have been using non- sulfured molasses every 3 watering and using brita filtered water the othet 2 waterings. Big time follower of Kyle Kushman. As for experience I am on my 3 grow.

6 Likes

Thats what the finished flower is suppose to look like. Before harvest and cure of course.

1 Like

Have you considered compost teas. Specifically created compost tea. When brewed linger you get a fungal dominated that helps during flower.

2 Likes

If you got a recipe or recipes I’m all ears and eyes. Open mind like a sponge and love learning new ways.

2 Likes

I think from the description of the products you’re using and your light and what not you’re pretty much doing everything right it sounds like you’re doing everything all right. I’m on my fourth indoor grow and I have improved from 1.7 ounces per plant up to 8 oz per plant and I’m shooting for 16 on this grow. So it comes with experience you learn how to organically make the crop that you’re growing better for you. You also have to stick around and take the advice of the people on this form they have improved my odds of making my goal immensely so just read and learn and stick around it’ll help your grow organically produce more

2 Likes

One recipe for tea I have learned on this site which worked for my plant if you get a zinc deficiency I took one pound of strawberries clipped the top off with the greens seep it for 20 minutes in 1qt of water on a low boil. and then cool it and water the plant with it and it took care of the zinc deficiency right off and you get to eat the strawberries when you’re done

3 Likes

Sounds like a plan to me. From what I have gathered here so far is all the experts are all in one convenient place, friendly, and willing to spread/share their knowledge. I so look forward to when hemps big brother becomes legal here.:heart_eyes::smirk::crazy_face: Till then it’s hemp for me.:unamused:

3 Likes

I get my ingredients from buid a soil or make my own.

For flowering tea. 3 gallons water
1c pinto bean compost
1c flower builder (replace with worm castings for veg)
1/4c craft blend
1/2tsp dried molasses
Piece of fresh ale vera

Place in brew bag and put into water, turn on air pump for 48hr min.

24hrs and it is bacterial dominated(best for vegging) at 48hrs it becomes more fungal dominated (better for flowering).

Here are a few pics. I built the airlift to better oxygenate it.

3 Likes

2 Likes

@Farmboy1978 so for yield other than genetics and nutrition the biggest factors are lighting and environment.

To get the best yields indoor first you need to create the “perfect” controlled environment. Try to keep temperature around 70 f and rh between 50-60% for veg and 30-40% for flower. This has the biggest impact on indoor yields because even with a great light if your environment isn’t good they won’t grow or yield much.

Second is the light. To get the best bang for your buck and significantly increase yields you want a light capable of up to 1000 ppfd and keep the ppfd at the canopy between 500 and 700 for veg and between 700 and 900 for flower. Any more light than that without added C02 will be a waste of power. You want a spectrum designed for your space. Short spaces you want enough blue to keep them stout and bushy and enough red to get those flowers going. As far as spectrum for hemp you want blues between 400 and 520 nnm reds between 660-665 nnm and IR between 730 and 760 nnm with some added UV-a. UVB can help hemp produce resin too and increase the terpene profile but it doesn’t really increase CBD levels like it does THC levels and you should only use uvb supplementally for an hour or two a day. UV-B with UV-A significantly increases biomass and density so the flowers will have more weight to them even if the size doesn’t increase significantly.

As far as nutrition in a soil based grow the most important things for flowering with both hemp and cannabis are proper PH levels for nutrient absorption. I aim for the sweet spot at 6.5 myself usually but the best nutrient uptake happens between 6.2 and 6.8 ph. After ph the best thing during flower is to make sure you have a healthy microbiome by using enzyme boosters, inoculates for mychorrizae and beneficial bacteria, and things like liquid kelp and molasses to feed them so they keep nutrients available in a more bioavailable form for the plant to take up.

Last, but definitely not least, the proper balance of P-K for the cultivar. Each cultivar has its own needs during flower and will want varying amounts of P-K. Phosphorus is easier to keep in balance but potassium is the finicky one in my experience.

If you keep all of this dialed in (some trial and error required) you will experience much higher yields and more potent plants with better terpene profiles.

It helps if you work with one cultivar at a time to dial in the needs of the individual plants as well.

4 Likes

@Rye build a soil is great man. I get most of my amendments from them too.

@Farmboy1978 I forgot to add that I use molasses and liquid kelp with every single watering and feeding through the entire grow. It helps a lot. Enzyme boosters and calmag or micro boosters every other feeding. During flower I increase the amount of molasses and liquid kelp to compensate for sugar loss during exudation during the dark period. I also top feed with a mix of bat guano, worm castings, and veggie compost during flower every week to two weeks and do my last top dress around week 6 on an 8 week plant. Week 8 on a 10 week, etc…

Teas work great too if you need an immediate boost since they are available faster than top dressing. Teas are the quick fix/booster and work amazing between top dressings.

1 Like

What do you mean by top dressing and top feeding?

1 Like

@dmtscravey top feeding and top dressing are terms for the same thing. It’s when you take a mix of dry amendments or compost and put a layer on top of your soil and lightly work it in with your fingers. As you water it will draw nutrients into the soil and allow the microbes to break it down.

2 Likes

Got it thank you for the explanation

2 Likes

I get my soil from a local farmer who uses horse manure as one of the ingredients in his soil mix. The results are amazing. Super size green crack, same results on every strain i grow. 9 finger enormous leaves. Picture of Green Crack at 8 weeks old.

2 Likes

Horse manure is just as good as steer manure.

3 Likes

If you can find rabbit manure try it. It makes other manure look like shit (pun intended). I prefer rabbit, goat, horse, or chicken, in that order. Not all manure are created equally.

2 Likes