Beginner here! 1st clones need help

Received some clones last night that were pretty close to veg if not already there. I feel they probably shouldn’t be this tall if they’ve been topped? Should I top them now? Or let them get accustomed to the new soil they’ve just been transplanted into? Should I start practicing the stress training techniques now as well? Thanks guys.

3 Likes

It’s been stressed from moving and transplant. I’d wait untill you see some vigorous growth before punishing the plant with topping or training.

2 Likes

Very useful! thanks Wab!

1 Like

Hi @GrowDaddy!

@wabberdoge answered for me. Welcome to HGCC! Looking forward to watching your beautiful girls grow up. :v:t2: :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I’m so excited!!

1 Like

See if you can find out the strain and sprout date. That will help you tremendously. They look good, maybe a little stressed from transplant and moving, but nothing bad. Give them some love and good light for a week to 10 days and then decide if you wanna top them. And welcome to the forum @GrowDaddy. Keep us updated on your grow

1 Like

Thanks Rye! Unfortunately I don’t have contact with the person gifting the plant. Glad you gave me an estimate of days… hella useful as well.

It’s hard to say for sure, but they look indica dominant, the leaves are wide. Without knowing what light they were under it’s hard to say about the node spacing. Do you have an updated pic of how they are doing?

1 Like

1 Like

Just me but they look ready to top. If you dont get some side growth catching up soon you never will.

1 Like

Got 3 quick tops… was a lil nervous lol

1 Like

Looking good, definitely looks indica leaning.

1 Like

Looks like a good job. I have found topping clones requires more exactness than seeded plants. The new branches do not come off as a even pair they often come offset like yours. You have to be carefull not to cut the tips off any of the new side growth while topping the main stem. If you do cut the tips they just quit growing for a few days. I have got to were i wait until the center stalk is about 2 days from were yours were when you topped and then top at the lower joint. Hope I am not confusing you. When using seed grown plants every time I topped like you did this time it worked out perfect. But on clones it probably works 66% of the time. This could definitely be because of my bad eyesight and shaky hands not a technique issue. Anyway if one of your side sprouts doesn’t develop correctly it wont hurt anything and you will know what caused it.

2 Likes

Thank you dearly Jared. Reassurance greatly appreciated!

2 Likes

Yes let them sides catch up

Can I clone from a clone or will it be less potent

I am growing out of clone stock that is several grows old. The person I got my stock from never kept a mother. He just cut clones while trimming the last time before flipping to flower. It appears to be as good as ever.

If u can pull the top to the side tie or use paper clip to to attach to side of bag that will allow the rest to catch up without topping yet

Hey thanks Jared I have some clones going now and I will want to keep the strain going

1 Like

Have you ever made a tea with used coffee grounds? I’ve done it more times than I can count. And it works amazing on young plants and or ones that have just been transplanted and topped. Its the perfect amount of acidity and nitrogen. It also helps keep little pest away from your soil or coco core. Its an old school remedy but I promise you’ll see it get vibrant quick. Thought I’d through another suggestion. Everyone on here is so friendly and willing to share there experiences and knowledge. Here’s an auto cream im doing right now an it has about 4 more weeks and a blueberry kush i did in my backyard in just a 20 gallon pot. This year its wedding cake in 45 gallon pot.lol

3 Likes