Auto flowers turning yellow brown

Second set of plants that did this the soil is happy frog what could be the reason why !

2 Likes

To much nutes looks to me what have you put in water

1 Like

Just spring water ph to 6.5

1 Like

How often do you water and hours on lights

1 Like

The light is on 18 hours and off 6 and water as needed mostly around 2 or 3 days

1 Like

Try give it about two cup ever other day

1 Like

That looks like nutrient burn. Seedlings, especially autos, are sensitive to high levels of nitrogen. Did you use plain potting soil to start the seed in or did you start straight into the happy frog?

1 Like

Let the seed germinate in a paper towel then went straight into the happy frog no other nutrients was used

1 Like

Happy frog has quite a bit of available nitrogen for veg. Maybe try just using some plain potting soil to plant the seeds in if you want to keep your auto seedlings from burning. Just use a 12 to 16 oz cup and create a hole in the center of your soil and fill that hole with a plain potting mix. That way there’s less nutes for the autos to start in and when the roots get going they’ll be able to get more nutes when they need from the happy frog.

1 Like

Had the same thing happen in coco core would this have stemed from the same thing? really appreciate the help

1 Like

With coco it’s usually a ph and water/nutrient mix problem. Since coco is a soilless substrate it doesn’t have any nutrients in it except what you put in. Also, with autos, you should only be using nutrients at about 1/4 strength in the veg stage and slowly increase over time as the plant grows. Good thing about coco though is it’s easier to flush and ph. Soil on the other hand takes a lot more time to ph properly if you mess up with nutrients and watering but it’s fixable.

1 Like

I would say nutrient burn from hot soil. They are very sensitive at this stage to any nitrogen and HF has alot of nitrogen for a little plant. Welcome to HGCC :slight_smile: looking forward to seeing this baby grow !

2 Likes

I did a sour d auto that went into Happy Frog and never hesitated. I am sold on that soil. I started my first plants in some off brand organic that almost fried them. Only thing is I started in small cup and she only received a cap full of water every other day around the outer edge then a dome over her.

1 Like

@Grabski hey man! I’d drop the PH to 5.6 so the seedling can access calcium and magnesium. What is looking like has happened, is you’re in more of the PK and Nitrogen range of PH zones vs being in the calcium and magnesium zones. As well as it could be just too hot if soil combined with out of PH range. swap that PH down, let her grow out and don’t do any nutes for awhile and she should bounce back

3 Likes

Appreciate the information do u think they are saveable to do u think I should just start new ones

You can save them. If you have some in coco follow exactly what @Kronic said and they’ll perk right up and flourish. If soil you don’t want ph to go lower than 5.8 because then it starts killing microbes. The sweet spot for living soil is 6.5 but a range of 6.2 to 6.8 is still good. With soil you rely on the microorganisms to break down the nutrients for the plant. If you’re just using soil as a base though and you’re just going to water with hydro nutes like some growers do then you just ph the nutrient solution to the optimal range before watering.

2 Likes