As far as timing goes when exactly should you have a definite smell? I'm nearing 7 wks. and very, very light smell. (Blueberry)

Smell when, at how many wks. should you have a definite odor. Mine (blueberry)at 7 wks. not much.

2 Likes

Every strain offers a different odor and the strength of that odor. As soon as the trichomes / pistils start developing, you start to get the odor. Blueberry is one of the stronger odor strains, as are most SWEET strains. Environment can also affect odor; lights, nutes, grow medium, watering…
If you are tent growing and controlling the VEG stage, you can expect low odor until you move to flowering (12/12 light schedule)

4 Likes

@Rick903 At 7 weeks since sprout with Blueberry auto you’re right around week 3 of flower. Week 5 of flower just before harvest is when they get most of their smell and trichomes.

3 Likes

@Rick903 hey man! It totally depends on what you’re feeding as well! I always recommend Terpinator or Purpinator (Purpinator has an extra color boosting amendment, both are organic). These will increase a lot of smells, tastes, and trichome production! You can use Fish and Seaweed extract as well to bet flavors and bone or blood meals! I like Neptune’s Harvest Fish and Seaweed Extract and Nectar of the Gods Herculean Harvest :grin::raised_hands:

4 Likes

Two of my blueberry x big devils from HGC at about week 7.5 when you squeeze the buds and smell your fingers it definitely smells like blue berries! Cant wait for these babies to be done! <3

5 Likes

Don’t squeeze the Charmin! As tempting as it is, do not roll the buds in your fingers. A close sniff is good enough. You are killin the terps and tricomes. Last thing you want is to stress a lady in flower. Looks PERFECTLY trimmed and nice tops. All downhill from here

4 Likes

Mike thanks for the tip! I am new to growing, these were my first attempt at growing autos! Excited how they will turn out, might be chopping time this week! :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like