Are my girls in vege yet?

Hi fellow growers I need your help I have a white widow idle flour and a photo Granddaddy purple. They came up Sept. 15th. Not sure if veg started or when :thinking:. Here’s today’s pic:
White widow

Grand daddy purple

What I know: Spider farmer 2000 hanging 19" above plant on 18/6 cycle. Leaves don’t look curled or yellow; deep green (hope that good). LST not to successful, ties came off.

Long post sorry again. Thanks

3 Likes

@Adcrag plants looking good! Since they sprouted they are in the vegetative state. The Granddaddy will stay veg for as long as you keep them under 18/6 since it is a photoperiod. (So just change the cycle to 12/12 when you are ready to go into flower for the gdp, maybe after the autos finish?).

The white widow autoflower is still in veg as well at the moment, but will go into flower (budding) on it’s own staying under the 18/6 light cycle probably in a couple weeks. I started my GDPs and white widow autos on August 31st and the W.W. started going into flower last week. Hope this helps (and anybody correct me if I’m wrong), happy growing!

3 Likes

Generally speaking, plants leave the seedling stage and enter the vegetative phase when they develop four sets of true Leafs and the fifth appearing.
According to Ed Rosenthal’s excellent book

Yours definitely has more leaf sets!

3 Likes

I agree with you totally @CoolBubs . My white widow is a seed with a quarter inch sprout out of its right now and my purple Kush has not germinated yet and the white Russian has germinated and has a small tail those plants look great!! good and healthy keep up the good work @Adcrag

2 Likes

Thanks everyone, I’m just excited!! Happy growing

4 Likes

@Adcrag Your plants are looking awesome. Your doing a great job! Trust me you will know if your plants are not in good shape. The white widow is a very easy going plant and not hard to please. And look forward to a nice harvest with her. The smoke from my white widow from Homegrown is just A-1. Keep up that great job your doing!

2 Likes

I can see you have the green wires on the sides of the pot. Are you doing TIE DOWN? Personally, I do not touch Auto’s unless it is right when they have their 2nd set of leaves. Fems - you are at a great point to split those colas. I use fim and snip to get 8 tips. I use tie down and keep the lower branches clean so all growth goes right to the tips. It is just a thought.
They look REALLY good, nice color, good spacing between nodes (means you got your lights just perfect).
What size pot/s are you using?

1 Like

White widow in 3 gal & Granddaddy purple 5 gal.

LST I’ll try with photo, but I’m gonna take it slow lol.

Thanks

1 Like

@2Grow4Love thanks!! I’m happy to get input from those who are growing too.
Take care & be well.

2 Likes

Mike wanted to give you an update. Girls are 57 days since sprout.
WW Auto is 8.5 wks & almost ready to harvest. The trichomes look white, not cloudy (thoughts), but some pistils are browning & curling.

GDP ’ photo had some yellowing leaves, I fed & misted with cal-mag during 6 hrs with lights off.

Gonna prune more in a couple days. Thanks for your advice. Have a good Sunday @!

1 Like

We usually do not concern ourselves too much when the LOWER leaves turn yellow. You have much crowding and those leaves do not get much light and the tops do not look like they have much bud / flower. We do not really need fan leaves on lower branches. We leave them up near the tops of the branches where the buds form. I do not see much bud so it looks like you still got some time to go. Make sure you are 12/12 on lights. Maybe coldshock (cold water feeding. gradual . cold, then colder and colder over course of week or so. Do not drench.
Trichomes - look up close at pic
image Not the stigmas (pistils), the bottom ones
I agree to prune but do so little at a time and lowest fan leaves first. Give couple / few days in between so not to send her into shock / stress

@Adcrag I think you have a good 1.5 weeks maybe 2 before your ready to harvest that White Widow, be patient and your reward will be wonderful ! Your doing awesome!! keep up the great work.

1 Like