Any suggestions

I am running out of room in my hydro box. Anyone else had this problem. Buds are fixing to get into the lights. Will this kill or harm my plant. This is one plant, LoL, its a 4 hole box.

2 Likes

Hi Rusty!

Can you please provide pictures, if available? I’d take images of the room/tent, minus the blurple light is possible and if applicable.

Thanks for your patience.

I downloaded one oh, Lord only knows where it went. Hope you can see it

1 Like

Got it this time. What are you growing and how many weeks into flower are you?

@Mrb53004, this is your area. As is @dmtscravey, @Gollo @Adcrag

I see you are running S/MH lamps. They get pretty hot. Your choices here are BEND THEM OVER to lower the canopy or pull them down. Only you know your strain and how they are faring. If they handle stress well, go at it.
The outcome is they stress from heat or burn by getting too close to the lamp and you wind up in the same place but with damaged goods
I see it as a now or later, with no escaping it later but possibly help now.

2 Likes

This is not my area. I am just completing my first grow.
Thanks anyway.

2 Likes

How far off are you from starting your seedlings? This way I know how quick to get you the cloth bags. Do you want to add the GSC auto now with them or a later time? I am getting ready to put some seeds in for my next run, I could start them up

Bubba Kush 2nd week of flower. I have already bent them down a good bit. I

Please be patient with me as I’m certainly spatially unaware with numerical measurements. All that said, what @Mrb53004 is right. I’ve done it before (grown to and over the lights). Are they already sitting on the ground? How much of a ceiling clearance do you have? Any room to move the light up or the box down?

1 Like

Since you’re in flower there’s really not much you can do that won’t set you back too far. So I wouldn’t do anything but write these off and let them finish budding Your next grow pinch those tops once you get them bent down and they turn back Skyward and that will stop them growing up and all those inner branches will fill-in and you end up with more tops.

2 Likes

Thanks my friend for the info and the time.

Light up as far as it will go. It’s just a grow box. This is my first grow. I have learned so much since my girlfriends were born here in Sept.

Can you please repeat? I did not copy that.

I do not like going against others recommendations but I (ME, me alone, only me) would NOT let them reach the light. Bubba is a very strong genus of kush. If she hits the lights, that stress could trigger nanners or hermies and then you could lose the entire crop. You are DWC, only 2 weeks into flower, There is no reason to NOT bend them over. I think recovery is better than 80%…not like it is an AUTO…Photo can take a lot of stress and come back stronger like supercropping. A couple of weeks late should not hamper her potential. Most you could lose are the tips and the lower nodes would step up and take the place as the Apical buds.

6 Likes

I do agree with Mrb53004 that you could tie them down I just meant as far as topping I would not do that this late but I would definitely try to tie them down and stretch them lower away from the light for sure, he is correct

1 Like

Man @kmac03, thanks for the vote of confidence lol. I’m finishing my 1st grow, so I offer little advice.

2 Likes

You could have fooled me. These always great tests of knowledge. I attempted to answer what I know and hand off to someone else, myself.

However, as I used to tell greenhorns in my field, those training wheels have to come off at some point. Start compressions. :joy:

Feel free to give me a finger if I’m being pushy.

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::+1:t4: no worries, I’m having a blast on this forum.

2 Likes

If you can’t raise the light you’re going to have to bend them over

2 Likes

@Rusty, my apologies for getting off topic. Sometimes, I forget where I am.

1 Like