Am I just adding extra cost and heat?

For me I was so excited to see anything grow. I got over anxious about watering and feeding. I was anxious about that and not watching where my ph was in soil or water. I also did what you said, reacted to every little non-conformity. I killed a lot of seedlings. I now have 3 close to harvest, they aren’t trophies but the thing is I learned so much. I will enjoy what I have.

6 Likes

Beth, I am in the process of moving but in a month or so, I will gladly share some seeds with you

1 Like

@NMHiker my grows are never the picture perfect plants I see many post of but I get get good yields and most important is the quality…my circle of local growers always comment on my flower and swear I must be doing something secret that I am not sharing with them.

2 Likes

Mike, sorry to hear you are moving. Get yourself moved and settled.

1 Like

Well… plants are harvested and electric bills came and gone… Id say I’m going to keep away from running a/c for just two little autoflowers. But I am happy with the grow… the girls turned out beautiful and I think I’ll get pretty close to my 8 oz goal. I did have such a good time that I picked up a SE5000 and a larger tent so I can do 4 at a time. Thanks for the advise and comments and happy growing peoples!!

10 Likes

Once you go to the sun :sunny: you will never go back. Or maybe I am just weird. My aquariums max my circuits so I am at the mercy of the sun. I dont care enough to redo my 80s house with a new 200amp main.

Your future salsa garden says sun me.

Natural gas generators are always an option, easier install than a new service IMO. :v:

I want solar for the greenhouse when it goes up. Id also like to power my tents with solar… just not sure what setup to go with yet??

1 Like

You can add extra small main come off 220 from your main and have a second main breaker then put 110 breakers in it that’s what I did

I think the issue is not having enough total amperage at the main rating. Most likely a 150A panel. If you measure total ampacity in the dwelling unit you can figure your current output. Adding a 30/60A 2/pole 240v breaker is probably putting him over the rated main. Adding a secondary just requires more shalls and shall nots from NEC involves shall be within sight, shall have disconnecting means(safety switch), in a grounded no neutral bar having system. Mostly it is in houses older than 80’s. The 50’s/60’s built ungrounded systems to be exact. If you ever want a home vehicle charging system(basic level 2 system) installed in your home, you might as well plan on having a panel upgrade. Rebates cover most of that cost if available. Apologies for the long off topic response.

1 Like