Almost ready ? Or ready?

So I think they are almost ready but I always have the hardest time when it comes to time to chop because I’m I stress out over not wanting to cut them too early and that’s the last thing I want to do what do you guys think ?
Uploading: 2023_07_04_10_50_37_413.png… Uploading: 2023_07_04_10_46_03_176.png… Uploading: 2023_07_04_10_49_10_511.png…

Uploading: 2023_07_04_10_53_32_839.png… Uploading: 2023_07_04_10_53_04_247.png… Uploading: 2023_07_04_10_52_46_686.png…

2 Likes

Me personally, i would have chopped already :yin_yang::ballot_box_with_check:

1 Like

One just started week 8 of flower and the other one is about a week behind the other one I’m still having a hard tone with the timing of auto flowers so I appreciate your input thank you

2 Likes

What cultivars?
They look great! Depending on the cultivar and what you plan on using them for, you can go another week or so. I don’t see many amber triches, so if you are going to use it in the evening before bed, then you might hold off for a while. They will probably bulk up a little more if you do. Good luck and enjoy.

Thank you
Bloody Skunk Auto by Sweet Seeds

1 Like

Sweet! LOL :laughing: I grew some skunk in the 80s, Jamaican skunk.

It’s pretty good I cut enough to try a sample I think I’m going to let a little more amber come in on the one that’s a week behind and I’m going to chop the other plant down it’s kinda airy and not nearly as dense as the other plant these purple buds the trichomes are a little more difficult to see their readiness due to them looking a pinkish purple-ish kinda color when I look thru the jewellers loop thankfully they look more normal with my microscope camera

2 Likes

Sounds like a good plan.

Depends where that flower is. I would want to see a close up picture of the nugs (Top, mid, lowers) from about 12" a way with your camera. Then I could give you an opinion.

Is that the consistency throughout or is that just a piece of a top close to the light degrading? But based on the pictures, she looks well past her peak potency and on the slide. You will get max potency by keeping the amber 10-30% depending on preference. I clip tops all the time that are over-ripening and leave the rest bake for another 10 days or so.

1 Like

When I check the trichomes and when I take the magnified photos I start at the lower and work my up taking photos as I go up

1 Like

Also when I took them photos there was not much amber on any of the buds from top to bottom but the one I chopped already and I think the other one is there now I just have to look her over and make sure ,I would definitely rather make a later chop mistake then an early chop mistake ,I started out growing photo period plants this is my 3rd auto flower grow I believe, I’m use to them being in flower for the full 8 to 10 weeks but with some of the autos I find myself questioning whether or not they are done like around week 6 of flower and that just seems to early I don’t see amber that early but definitely lots of cloudy , but I’m pretty sure that tomorrow morning just before sunrise I’ll chop the other Bloody Skunk and I’ll chop my GG4 auto as well

1 Like

Sometimes the autos are done in 6 or 7 wks. Depends on the cultivar and the expected use you have planned for them. Sativa leaning cultivars, I like to use for Wake-n-bake or during the day as a kicker. Those I just don’t want to get too late. On the other hand, my Sweety usually only smokes in the evenings and has trouble sleeping, so I mix in a little Indica leaning smoke to help with that. I am currently growing a Gelato plant and plan on a split harvest, the main buds at peak for me and the secondary buds a week or two later for her.

3 Likes

That’s a good idea,I’m definitely a wake n bake myself I have some Cafe Racer I’m excited to germinate but that won’t be for another 4 weeks probably I just popped 6 photo periods that I’m super excited about Georgia Pie , and Fat B@stard can’t wait to see how they turn out deliciously the Georgia Pie, it’s one of my favorites

2 Likes

@Darodguy @JimiG1974 i am a Indica type of guy! I regulate by Smoking Cones! Day time 3 hits! Later in the day i hit it 4-5x lights out! Retiree so no need for Sativa: best i do is hybrid. Lol

3 Likes

Me, I like them all. That I can also use it as medicinal is just gravy on the toast.

2 Likes

I smoke the same way but I love to wake and bake it’s my favorite time. But other then in the morning yeah I only take a few tokes every so couple hours depending on how long the strain in smoking lasts I also an not real choosy on if its Indica or sativa leaning or am I the middle hybrid I just smoke till I like where I’m at and rinse and repeat

2 Likes

To me, they look ready (and from reading the other replies). I always trust 2 things…The 'scope (Scope those trichomes all day long! Sing the Microscopic Trichome song!) and…Your “gut”. (For those who do not have a totally Zombie Garden thumb). Usually if fan leaves are dying off, if the Tric’s look great (MILKY which yours does!) then you can chop down. As to the “amber colored trichomes” that so much now-a-days is out the windows with all the hybrids and preferences. The Milky trich glands and the overall PLANT stage will tell you.

I have learned this as well over the years… (But remember, NATURE Is not always carved in Stone like the 10 Commandments and will occasionally throw you a curve ball to keep you on your toes!)

1. INDOOR grows with LED lights and lower Humidity tends to ALWAYS “finish” plants faster than them just growing Outdoors under the sun or even in a Greenhouse under the sun. The Sun moves and changes photo-intensity throughout the day and weather and etc. LED lights are always the BEST consistency. The OPTIMAL “light” conditions.
  2. Autos tend to usually do their own thing in their own timeline. They “finish when they finish” just check the trichomes!

I am by no means an expert in anything, at all. JUst a few observations and farm notes I have kept over my 60 yrs.
Warmly,
Jackie

2 Likes

Thanks for all the advice I really appreciate , I always look for just a little amber like 5% roughly I do that to make myself more sure that I’m not cutting to early its not so much as trying to increase body high or anything like that

2 Likes

I would say ready! Great job here by the way!

2 Likes