Airy, wimpy buds

YES I AM !!!I attach a straw to my airhose, place an angular cut and insert it into the soil. I do this especially after 4/5 weeks as the soil starts to compress in the containers. Once a week, a hit of fresh air.

Jared, were you having a mold or gnat issue? Did I say I would get you some solution if I had leftover?

3 Likes

Yes having both issues. The mold is pretty much under control. I doubled the fans and did some serious defoliating. But it is persistent and keeps showing up in random spots every couple days. The gnats are an issue tried nematodes but it is hard to gauge how effective they are being as gnats are still hatching but I dont know the time lag on nematode results. Yes I would love to test your spray on a bed.

2 Likes

Are you using an air pump like a aquarium pump? How long do you leave it on? I have been thinking of trying to install air lines through the drain holes in a couple buckets and trying to let it air for an hour after every watering. How long are you putting air to yours?

1 Like

How interesting! I’ve never thought of putting air into the soil?

Not an aquarium pump. You could use one. They only pump air and air has an O2 content of 21%. I have an oxygenator…it does 90%+ o2…
A good airpump with a line or 2, for 20 minutes will do more than enough to oxygenate the soil. You can achieve the same O2 content pretty much by aerating your water and watering the plant but what you do not get is airspace in the root zone. When we use soil based substrates, it compacts over the time the seedling is planted and it is watered to maturation. Putting air in the soil helps prevent the soil from compacting.

4 Likes

The oxygen will make your buds hard as a rock i promise

3 Likes

AS a standard, I run my O2 when LIGHTS OFF. Plants consume CO2 during the day and produce O2, at night they consume O2 and produce CO2…
I intermittently charge the soil. I use my moisture meter to probe the substrate and if it feels DENSE, it gets an air treatment…
And YES, I actually become concerned that my buds are so dense that the chance for MOLD increases exponentialy…They become near impossible to trim and start to merge (many into 1)…
I just cut my Super Lemon Haze…Not a monster, actually a little petite but the buds almost seemed to morph together, like osmosis…Was one of the more difficult wet trim jobs I performed

2 Likes

You may have to much heat where your grow is.

1 Like

mine will be here next monday

1 Like

the way I fix broken branches is I use gorilla glue. the type that comes in a squeezer bottle not a caulking tube, I use masking tape to temporally hold the branch in place smear on the outside of the stalk and mist with some water. The makes a cast similar to fixing a broken arm. Don’t get it into the inside of the stalk.

2 Likes

Hi Chuck! Nice to meet you!

That’s some great knowledge you have there. :grin: I appreciate it very much. :v:t2:

1 Like

How much time is too much between repair?

1 Like

Hi @kmac03 i know this is an old post but I’ve had the same issue with branch’s breaking and if you break a branch and it’s not separated you can tie the broken branch to the main stalk with some twisty ties or I like to use green gardeners wire. Just tie it back into its original position and it will often times be ok depending on how seperated it is! Just thought I would pass that on :blush:

2 Likes

Hi @Skysthelimit! I will be sure to screenshot this for future reference. I appreciate you!

1 Like

Pardon my manners, @Skysthelimit. I appreciate you, too! :v:

the sooner the better. worst cast you loose the branch, you were going to loose it if you did nothing. 0 risk in trying.

2 Likes