Airy, wimpy buds

First let me say I am not an expert and there could be several contributing factors here. I looked up the mars hydro you have and for me it just is not for that size tent. I dont know your monetary situation but a mars hydro tsl 2000 is $250 and has the footprint to work good in your tent. I happen to have several of the mars hydro tsl 2000 and am pleased with them. I am running them at 12 in above tops of buds and all the buds are tight and heavy with no burn. I have heard high heat can cause your problem also so if temps get over 80 you might look at ventilation.

1 Like

Cant really tell from picture but are those just yellow portions of your bud?

1 Like

Thank you, I will keep a close eye on what happens with it. The bright yellow caught my attention. This plant is supposed to have 4-5 more weeks of flowering, but I don’t think it’s going to be that long.
Thanks a lot for the reassurance on the lights…and story :slight_smile:

Thank you! I will lower the lights. :slight_smile:

Thank you Jared, I also have a Spider Farmer 2000 in the tent… The temp in the tent stays within maybe 7 degree fluctuation at times. I will lower my lights and you and Rye have suggested. Thanks! :slight_smile:

P.S. the yellow is forming on the bud…I’ve only seen that on one bud.

Those led quantum boards are amazing. I’m running 6 at 640w (total) at the wall in my 4×4. I started at 320w in a 3×4, that produced 24oz off 6 plants, autoflower. So that amount of light can and will produce big buds, you just need to concentrate it more on the plants. That grow is here on the forum, the lemon haze autoflower category.

Those are good lights as I stated, you can run them CLOSE without heating up the leaves too much. And remeber your leaf tennis 5dg cooler than room temp (generally). And you can run a hotter leaf temp if you keep you VPD in relationship with the temp, by adjusting your humidity.

1 Like

@Kris adding UVA and UVB will help. IR and deep red will help too. Also need to make sure your potassium levels are good because other than light low potassium levels are the biggest cause of light airy larfy buds. It’s one of the many reasons I water with molasses. Gives a nice healthy boost to potassium without burning.

1 Like

Kris…here is a link for Far Red…cheap

Here is one for Blue
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ZFLMBLX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
And here is for UVA/UVB
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B088R9MS91/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
you still have to buy the sockets for 2 and 3. First one plugs in and works

1 Like

Thank you Mike, the first one looks very interesting, but I don’t have a clue how to hook up something like that.

Well, that’s a bunch of geometry. I bet your brain plays the symphony a lot, @Mrb53004 .

1 Like

I have started using molasses, the one you recommended in another post. I’ve also read about kelp. I don’t feel comfortable misting the buds so close to harvest, but I have added a little to the water along with the molasses. I didn’t have a clue how stinky the liquid kelp is…yuck!!

3 Likes

@Kris the stinkier the soil the fatter and stickier the buds. :joy:

If you think the kelp by itself is bad you should smell my flower tea made with Nature’s Living Soil, molasses, and liquid kelp.

Anyone order a bat guano smoothie? :joy:

4 Likes

LMAO, guess I’m doomed then. No sticky and fat buds for me! (Said in the same tone as the soup Nazi). My plants are growing about 15 feet from my bed.

I thought the molasses was bad…but manageable. The kelp?! UGH!! You can keep your dang smoothie! :joy::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

first one…sorry, it needs the plug so this one has it. It is just a PLUG in light you place inside the grow area

2 Likes

First off thanks Mike for getting back onto The subject at hand I also had this problem with an amnesia haze auto that I grew the bud were super large but Very I don’t want to say Hairy but I don’t want to say airy just all red hairs. No solid bud form really actually Never seen buds like that Thought I had maybe just let it grow too long You might have seen the picture I have posted it before it was the auto flower that was basically falling over because it was so top-heavy

2 Likes

Lack of oxygen to turn into co2 will cause airy buds too

2 Likes

Thank you! That’s not a big investment…and if it helps make the buds bulkier…yahoo!

You’re welcome when i flip lights i start pumping fresh air in my grow room

1 Like

I am astounded at the difference it makes to pump Oxygen in. I have an oxygenation machine and it helps more than any CO2 I have ever added. Better than any amendment I added. I installed a splitter and have a line that I inject into containers to aerate the soil…My plants like double in a few weeks

3 Likes

@Mrb53004 So are you pumping air into the soil under your plants?

1 Like