Adjusting ph levels

My first try at trying to adjust ph failed. Ph high in both super soil pot and miracle grow soil pot. Ph 7.5 + I’ve tried vinegar, coffee ground water. I have ph/up and ph/down drops but it’s easy to overdo it. Should I just let it go or attempt to change it. What would be a non liquid form to lower ph?

1 Like

Rick, this is a little difficult as Ph is notorious for floating. First of all, Miracle Grow is known for high Ph and High Nitrogen levels. I will not, do not ever use MG. Many growers do not but some swear by it. Living soil is another issue here. It is usually one of the better ph mediums. So now begins the analysis - What is the ph and type of water you start with, what nutes do you add, do you test before you water, do you test a 10% runoff, are you in plant bags so is the runoff through the soil or over the edges, do you only mix and water or do you mix enough to water again later and do you ch ph before watering, what are you using to check ph (meter / strips - strips are sometimes more accurate as meters are good / bad quality, haven’t been cleaned,etc) Also I recommend a GOOD soil test kit like

make sure you look for coupon / code (DONTGO) and get free 2 day ship
Alot to consider here so you gotta start somewhere
1 Like

@Rick903 Hey there! So generally if I face a PH issue I make a flush water at 5.6 PH and flush 3 to 5 days in a row until I get runoff at 6.5 or lower. Once I get runoff I allow my soil to dry for 5 days then give an adjusted feeding at 6.1 PH to balance out the soil once again and aiming towards that 6.2 to 6.3 PH. I hope this helps :grin::raised_hands:

1 Like