Adding a light for budding

Good morning! I have a 4X3 growing area. I have a SpiderFarmerSF2000 and I would like to make sure I have enough of the red spectrum for when my girls are ready to bud. image Do either of these seem like a good addition? Is there something else I should consider? (Operating on a budget). Thank you!!!

3 Likes

@Kris both of those will work with the SF 2000. They both have a 2x2 flower coverage at 18". The Mars Hydro TS 1000 has more red and IR diodes in it than the viparspectra though. It’s also cheaper so I’d personally go for the Mars Hydro TS 1000.

4 Likes

OH…you made my morning! Thank you so much…I was hoping you would reply as you have so much experience and information!! :blue_heart:

2 Likes

@Kris thanks for the compliment. You’re welcome. Happy growing. :v::call_me_hand::metal:

2 Likes

@Kris the Mars Hydro SP 150 would be something to consider as well in the same price range as the TS 1000.

2 Likes

@Kris I’d definitely trust MDBuds and have heard/seen good things from Mars; but know you wouldn’t won’t go wrong with the Viparspectra also as I can attest to the Viparspectra/spider farmer combo :sunglasses:

6 Likes

I am running these in my veg tent and bloom room and plants seem to love them, good price at 208 per light, I have 4 of them and no issues.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S22KVH1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3 Likes

For bloom you want more red spectrum 3500k at minimum 3000k or 2700k is best. But any additional light is good. The mars is the better in this regard.
Remeber if you increase your light you need to increase the some other variables, water, feed, for sure, and possibly air movement/turnover as well.

3 Likes

@Kris if you’re buying from Mars-Hydro website you can use code “Kronic” to save money, I have the TS1000 and TSW2000, both are awesome and I would recommend over viparspectra. More IR and fuller spectrum with Mars

2 Likes

I just picked up the Spectra XS 1500. It is far better than the Pro and newer so do not confuse the 2. Here is review and it outlines the specs

2 Likes

Oh dang, that is the one I wanted to get, but saw only after I got the pro :laughing: looking forward to your grows with it!

2 Likes

Thank you! I just ordered the TS1000 :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I just finished setting up a new tent - 80x48x96. I put it on my porch. I am germing with a simple cheap light. I grow outdoors but had a terrible summer from a ferocious heat wave that lasted 5 weeks (temps 110 +, 116+ (3 weeks)). I switched to all autos for the winter and usually my winters are mild (Vegas). I will be supplementing sunlight hours with the tent and still utilizing natural sun (yes, in and out of the tent). I am using 3gal cloth bags. I will be satisfied with close to 1/2oz per plant but should do better. I have a myriad of assortment I am going to try to grow: Pineapple, BruceB, Orange Sherb, GSC, GG4, Gorilla Girl, AK47, G13, Tangerine, Lemon Haze and a couple of CBD’s - Red, 30:1, CBD Kush. Everything is an auto. I got some freebies too, I think maybe Zittles auto.
Depending on the quality of this light, I will decide whether to get the 2000XS model or move over to a spider 2000. The zone on this xs1500 is impressive at 18" and perfect for flowering as the sweet spot is right near 1000. If the auto’s do well like this, I may look for a light that has a broader / wider zone coverage area with a smaller/lesser PAR. The power consumption is really good. I need to see how much heat it may throw. I manage 5 hours of daylight and average temps 60-75 in my yard for the winter.
This tent can protect quite a few 3gal cloth bags if the weather gets bad or nights too cold

2 Likes

Kris, if not too nosy, what did it run you?

2 Likes

1 Like

Mike, I bought it right from Mars Hydro and used the promo code ‘Kronic”. It was interesting because on an email I received from them, they said the discount code was “Hazel”?!

1 Like

Kris I saw that too. Then I ordered through Amazon. After that, i started getting ads for lights. That is when I found the XS. I paid only $35 more. I cancelled the TS and went from 1000 to 1500. For $35, I could not resist. Now I found on Craigslist a TSL2000 for 199. I am trying to see if he will take less. That would be exactly what I am looking for, a long lamp rather than a square one. I would put both in my tent. Now I have to seek an exhaust fan.I forgot, there was a $35 coupon so it cost me $147

2 Likes

A $35.00 coupon is a great deal! Good job on finding what will work for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Kris Call me… Hazel I guess? hahahahaha It’s even better if you’ve seen Umbrella Academy! Thank you for using that code though, glad it could save some money! Hopefully they’ll make me Hazel Spread soon and up that discount code XDDDD

2 Likes

Hey Hazel (LOL)…I appreciate the opportunity to save some money! But who knows…now that you have an ‘AKA’ the discount will double? :rofl: