1st time growing

So I’m 19 days in and was wondering if I’m doing ok? The above photos is the led light I’m using. And the other photo is a small closet grow tent in using.

2 Likes

Depending on what strain you are growing, you will have to watch your plant to light height. Proper LST should help immensely. Nice set-up and the plant looks great!

I started with a similar tent, 2’x2’x4’. I now use that as my dark room for harvest after building a bigger and taller grow area. A few 2x4’s and sheets of Mylar was all it took. Hope that helps your grow in some way!

That is what I’m going by by feeding them every 2-3 days.

1 Like

The strain I’m trying to go for is strawberry cough.

1 Like

Tomorrow I’ll be transplanting to 1.5 gallon pot.

1 Like

The HPS light will cause some heat. A small fan might be in store for better air circulation and to keep temps down. I only want to go over 80F in flower to add CO2 which activates at 80F. In vegetation period, your humidity needs to be on the higher side and gradually drop to around 40% during flower. Smells and excess heat can be cured with a small in-line fan, you wouldn’t need anymore than a 4” for your grow area. Clean clean clean your grow space, keep bugs and mold/bacteria to a minimum. When did she start yellowing? Was it within a couple days of the last feeding? The charts are great but, I read everywhere to start at a lower dosage than recommended, especially while so young. A ph tester for soil and water comes in handy when troubleshooting possible problems. To test, with most cheap ph testers, you must have in your water/soil for a couple minutes to get a true reading. It looks like possibly you are on your way to a cal/mag, nitrogen, or watering problem. This also depends on what strain you have, how much and what you are watering/feeding with, along with your plant to light distance. Less is more for the youngster, and patience is key. Happy growing! PS I am a beginner as well and have only harvested 4 plants so far, please take opinions with a grain of salt. Good luck!

1 Like

Great strain! I would not feed them every 2-3. Watering, yes, but “feed” weekly. Your soil you start with, depending what it is, has many nutrients in it already. Adding more too early can tie knots in your root system. At that point, little nutes will be taken up. If you have a ph tester and find your soil is “hot” I suggest a ph water or spring water “flush”. Not a hard thing to do and something that is done very often. There are many VERY experienced growers here to help. They will have a lot better ideas and suggestions for you, I’m sure. YOU ARE IN GOOD HANDS, my friend. Have a blessed day!

1 Like

At first I didn’t have a ph water tester but now I do. Water ph levels is on point now but at first I was just doing the nutrients. And just going from there. Every feeding I’ve been using the same nutrients water that I’ve made as long as the ph levels are where they need to be. I just did a whole new gallon of what I need for nutrients. So I was thinking watering them every 2-3 days was good. How often do I need to water them?

1 Like

I’ve only been growing a year so welcome you enjoy everything looks good to me but there are definitely more informed people to help you keep us posted

That is up to the plant. I like to use the look, feel and hold method. I look to see if leaves are drooping, feel the soil down about an inch and a half for dryness and hold the container to judge how heavy it is. I also always water outside of the tent so I don’t get the relative humidity going crazy.

So when you say weekly (water once weekly)?

1 Like

Feed once weekly. H2O when dry throughout the week. What type of soil are you using?
Edit: If you are using a soil with nutrients already in it ( ocean forest, happy frog, coco loco) you shouldn’t need to “feed” at all for a 3-4 week range of not longer. Just ph’d water.

1 Like

Hmmm I’ll start watering mine out the tent.

H20 my tap water? Do I use my ph down on just my tap water? I know I have my ph with the nutrients I gave it at 6.12 water level. 1 gallon Lowe’s bucket.

Yes, you can use any water but def ph it.

1 Like

I like to use spring water but that is just an opinion.
EDIT: Do you have drainage for your bucket or the 1.5 you will be transplanting to?

Great transplant! Those roots look good! Seeing a better picture of those spots on the leaves, looks like a little cal/mag in your H2O might be needed… @Mrb53004, what do you think?

So if I’m understanding the process of watering. When I transplanted this afternoon I did my tap water but used the ph down a bit to get it to ph 6.15 for my water. So in 2 days I’ll probably do the same so at the end of the week I’ll use my tap water but sitting over 24 hours and use all my nutrient guide calls for in a gallon pitcher and stir it in my Lowe’s 5 gallon bucket. Am I getting that right or wrong?

1 Like