1st time growing

I am still following this??

1 Like

Sounds great! They will tell you if something isn’t sitting right with them.

1 Like

Shit I was scared thinking it wasn’t looking good.

1 Like

The more I know the better it will be for me the next time.

2 Likes

is the substrate a coco heavy mix? Straight coco, what is your mix?

Hey Cooper?? Can i use that soil for when my girls get transpottes from a seedling.?? Im in week 3 n time to put in a med pot.

I’m just a beginner also. I let my water sit for a day to let chlorine settle out and then ph adjust the water.

I picked up a little aquarium pump from Amazon for like $20. I think it helps get the chlorine out faster, and it also adds in some dissolved oxygen which the roots should enjoy. If you’re on bottled nutes it’s an automatic mixer too.

2 Likes

of all things I am anal about–aeration…it is more beneficial than any else you can do
when you have O2 in the water, you cannot rally overwater…you can water too often but dissolved O2 is what the roots need

2 Likes

Wow, that good to know. Always a good source of info.

Hope you & your girls are keeping cool

after al these years in this industry, it is still amazing to see how in a week or 2 in lower temps can so drastically affect plants
I went from something that looked like shriveled dried out (like dried fruit) to green and luscious. Even my tomato plants started coming back. Squash bloomed some fruit and plants did a run for the money grow spurt…

1 Like

We have been having some rain here and lower temps. My tomatoes are doing really well and as soon as it dries out I need to do a little weed wacking. Wow!
I’ll have a chance to get out a do that transplant today.

well, mine was short lived…crapamundo…3days and the heat just shrivled everything (most everything) back up. Flowers fell off tomato plants, fruit on squash / pumpkin…shriveled and died.
SFVOGK is still doing good in the garden
Thai or Purple Haze (not sure which it is) is doing marvelous
all my autos have burnt
potted…sativa have really thinned out…GDP struggling as is Bubba k
I am almost fried myself trying to stay on top of this. I may just quit and only grow (if I still have a place to live and grow after October) in fall/winter/spring…else it is massive output for minimal return
I put up a shade trellis to see if that helps but 115+ winds/ temps is still hot…

2 Likes

Your on the right track. Florecent t5 lighting for veg is the best imo. You can keep them super close to the light with minimal heat. Also mh is good too. Good luck

I transplanted iced grapefruit, and strawberry cough yesterday to 10 gal pots. It was a task but got it done. I was amazed and delighted to see both alive and doing well this am.

1 Like

@NMHiker , Beth 10 gal pots!! Hope you don’t have to move those babies. Keep pictures coming.

Happy growing

1 Like

I have my RED WAGON… :smirk: and place my heavy containers in it for easy transportation…I fit 2 10gal in it easily. My photo’s go in it so I can move to tent if necessary. Saves my back.

1 Like

Good advice you are over feeding common to novice growers as well as over watering, go feed water, water about every three to four days, also try 3 g pots easier to work with water wise, most store socks are “hot” initially but deminish over time, Man yse Ocean Forest as a base soul mix,and it is slightly hot,just don’t put fresh seedlings straight into it, mix some neutral pH soil water o lower heat, add mycorrhizal fungi to root areas and don’t be a vector for germs or pests, be clean going in, not straight from other areas. I have a book coming out explains it all, waiting on photos,good growing BadMF

1 Like