Yellow leaf tips

I have new growth leaves that are starting to show yellowing on the tips. I have moved the light up back to the top of the cabinet, about 38" from my girls.
Am I looking @ nitrogen deficiency?

2 Likes

@GOLLO please include photos and strain information along with feeding and lighting.

1 Like

They are all GRANDDADDY PURPLE AUTO’S FROM NEW420SEEDGUY. Props to Paul @ new420seedguy, all 12 of my GDP’s popped, the females are thriving and bushing like CRAZZZZZY.
My Blackberry Kush from him is also bushing up very well.
Only half of the cabinet appears to suffer from yellowing leaf tips???!!!

MY SETUP: RO & DI H2O, DWC & aeroponics with top feeding, lotus nutes bloom & boost, cal/mag hydroguard , KIND LED XL3 450 about 200+ watts- 38" from the girls.

And thanks again for all of your info. :sunglasses: :v:t6: :grin:

2 Likes

Tip burn is pretty normal when you flip to flower and switch to flower nutes. That’s definitely a little bit of nutrient burn. Some plants don’t need as much as others so unfortunately with DWC and aeroponcis you’re going to get those burned leaf tips on the less hungry more sensitive plants. Overall they look pretty healthy though and I’m certain it isn’t your light because light burn also makes the leaves glossy and waxy looking around the burned tips.

Something that helps is to make sure you deep clean your tank between feedings and make sure you clean your pumps and stones too so you don’t get nutrient salt build up or mold/mildew/algae issues and it will help keep your spray tips from clogging.

5 Likes

Thanks, how long have you been at this?

2 Likes

I grew my first plant outdoors when I was about 13 so close to 20 years. I’ve only been growing indoor for about 10. Just switched over to led and trying autos this year though.

3 Likes

What LED are u using??

2 Likes

I was using the King LED 1500w but just switched over to the Elegent LZ-F4000w. It’s a boutique light set up just like the Spider Farmer SF4000 but it’s cheaper.

2 Likes