Yellow bottom leaves

Hey folks, this is my first time growing indoor (I’ve grown one time before outdoor and I had no knowledge at the time but mother nature took care of everything) I’m having some deficiency issues of some sort (I think) my bottom leaves are yellowing. My plants (1 white widow, 1 bubblegum and 1 ak47 photoperiods) are now 4.5 weeks old I’m growing organic and using king crab, blood meal, humic acid, terpinator and I’ve also got an exhale bag . My medium is fox farm ocean Forrest. Only 2 of the plants have one yellow leaf each. It may just be nothing but I’m also seeing a little bit of red/purple in the stems. I topped them at the 4 week mark and all have done well with that. The leaves also seem to be growing very on top of each other on the ak47 should I start thinning some leaves out or let them do their thing? Anyway sorry for all of the questions, I’m just trying to make sure I give my ladies what they need. Thanks in advance

1 Like

Welcome, @Hobbygrower93!

A picture of the entire plant would be helpful for diagnosis. If everything looks healthy on top I don’t think you have to worry about it. That one may not be doing much photosynthesis anymore, and it’s become more useful to the plant as a nutrient store.

[edit] I see a BluMat? That how you’re watering? Need to know more about that part too. What sized carrot?

Thanks for the reply! I tried posting more than one pic but it wouldn’t let me, yes I’m using blumat watering system, other than that yellow leaf, the red stems and one yellow leaf on another plant the plants are thriving I also just went to bigger pots so I’m assuming it might have had something to do with that.

y

2 Likes

Yeah they look fine. If they spent a month in a smaller, solo cup sized container I could see it letting that leaf go. You probably had a pretty good root ball going?

I’m also going to put this out there, your plants are looking great and you don’t need to change a thing, but, I wouldn’t use the BluMats at this stage. I think the wet to dry cycle helps the plant grow stronger and faster. It invests more of its energy growing the root system when it’s drying out and then when you water it says, “it’s go time!” That’s how it is outside in the veggie garden too, it doesn’t rain every day, but the day after it does, boy oh boy.

During flower, I stop doing the wet to dry and just try to keep the moisture level just right. That’s when the BluMats would work best in my opinion. Plus the plant is larger and it’s harder to water maybe cause you can’t move it so it’s handier then too.

1 Like

Awesome thanks for the tip!! I appreciate you answering me and putting my mind at ease

1 Like

many times the first set of true leaves will begin to yellow out indoor. Some of has to do with watering as N is water soluble and can easily flush down. Many of us indoor growers foliar spray our plants as N goes right to work in a day or 2 whereas it takes a week to 10 in substrates. Urea and ammonia are good fast N for foliar. Most use urine and a shot glass to a gallon after a day of sitting. Just make sure you got no diseases :smirk:

2 Likes

@Hobbygrower93 ain’t nothing wrong with those honking nice plants. They’re screaming “Hey, Look at Me i’m Happy” :grin:

1 Like