Wondering if i dried to much and if i shoud hydrate? the humidity is 45 or 49 percent in the jars on day 2. smells good

is the humidity to low ? should i hydrate?

When my jars get to 57-58 rh I just drop a boveda (57%). My long term jars I like to keep about 60%. I drop a few nugs into smaller jars and keep it at 57 for smoking as I think it burns better.

Once the flower gets below the low 50s you’ll really start losing terps and the bud will burn a bit harsh and have that too dry taste.

It’s nice to have pretty buds but for storage don’t trim all your sugar leaves(unless you are making extracts). Just cure them in the jar with the small resin coated leaves wrapped around the bud…. It will protect terps and outer flower from getting too dry. Then just peel it back when you’re ready to smoke and all the resin will be juicy and fresh and the terps will just be thick and strong when it’s freshly uncovered.

4 Likes

Ok thank you. So rehydrate. I havent even cured the buds yet. Learning. Was worried they would be not dry enough. I rehydrated them. There at 60. Will i still get a cure at all? Going to try either way. Im doing the dry to snap and leave in a jar for a month. Kyle Kushman method. Was ten days of drying. Thought to hard.

1 Like

Dry time has a lot of variables. Mainly rh and temp. But also size of the plant, density, how much foliage was left… was it hung whole or stems cut off……

7-14 days is a good dry if your rh is 55-60 and temps staying in the 60s. You have to watch them close, especially with warmer temps or low rh as they will dry much quicker.

Pay attention to how fast they’re drying… if they are drying too fast or you can’t maintain rh the it’s best to put them in a big Tupperware and lightly put the lid on it (making sure to monitor rh and turn them.

Your buds will still cure just fine. About 1-2 weeks and it should be decent smoke.

The terpenes that were lost (mostly on the outer bud) are gone forever….but as the moisture from the middle of the flowers equalizes and the gasses release the jar should smell good.

Honestly I smoke tons of weed right off the vine before I ever get it into jars. If it’s good weed it’s dank af like that…. Just peel the leaves back and smoke away. I give away most weed that gets over a couple months old….You dankest head stash is never making it that long. Fresh weed is just preferable to me and I want to smoke as much as possible before adding humidity packs. After 6 mos it’s just gone taste and smell like humidity packs.

1 Like