Will she make it?

Hello, I’m new to growing. I have been growing a “white indica”x ruderalis for 3 weeks now and I believe it was having issues with my random soil being to hot. She just started her true 3rd set of leaves but It was very short and the 2 lowest leaves turned yellow… the leaves are also droopy…. Long store short I got nervous and transplanted to miracle gro. My question is can she make a recovery or did I miss up to bad?

How often do you water?
Looks like over watering.
Might be a combination of things as well.
What’s your set up consist of?
Lights?
Nutrients?
Water source?
Ph meter?
Looks likes she’ll make it with some help from more experienced green thumbs.

1 Like

I’ve actually been adjusting everything as I went chasing what I thought it could be at that time but the soil I did mix was some organic raised bedding that I didn’t see the nutrients label on it…mixed with worm castings, (I assume way to much). I have a 200w vivosun led that at one point I had on full power at about 30” high. On for 24 the past week…Watering every other day with tap water.(I grew a male for 2 months in miracle gro with by tap water before realizing what I had🫣 so I assumed it wasn’t my water) There was a out break of those little gnats! I saw on here that I could use DE so I did and that made a difference but then that’s when the leaves started to yellow. I also noticed it seemed to be stunted and drooping.

That’s when I figured it was the soil, so I got miracle gro and transplanted last night. Gnats have completely gone overnight. That hit the 3 week mark so when I transplanted that was when I did my first ever feeding of Neptune harvest-fish&seaweed (1/4 of the recommended dose) as of that moment I have the leds at 50%, temps at 75 and humidity 45-50. The only visible difference overnight is the 2 lowest leaves turned more yellow😔

Temps look good.
I usually keep the humidity in the 60-80 range and start to lower it as it grows.
Temps 70-80 during veg.
Might be having some transplant shock.
I’d bump up the humidity to 60-65 and easy on the watering for the next week. It should show improvement.
Ph is a big thing as well. My tap water is over 9. I use a living soil mix and shoot for 6.5 ph. If your adding liquid nutrients the ph is lower.
I think most growers adjust ph after adding
Nutrients to water.
Hope that helps
I’m sure others will have some good advice.
Happy growing!

1 Like

Thanks @Lightweight420 ! I appreciate the advice and the confidence boost!

1 Like

A few days later after holding back on the watering I did so last night and she bounced right back! Thanks again for the advice @Lightweight420 !

1 Like

U should have used a spray bottle for first 2 weeks just so u keep soil moist not wet. That’s the reason u have gnats overwatering

1 Like

@Smok3dhitman if you are using tap water, depending what country you are in, you’ll need to dechlorinate the water with a solution, you should be able to pick stuff up for your local grow shop. I use ecothrive neutralise, 100% organic.

Also you could literally grow in worm castings and it your plant would absolutely love it and not just survive but thrive! However it lacks the structure to support a plant. So no chance of it being filled with too much worm casting lol

Peace, love and pot!

1 Like

Yeah, overwatering early on is a pretty common foul up. Also make sure your water is Ph’ed properly or that will cause a whole slew of issues like nute lockout leading to deficiencies. I have been told Transplanting an Auto is hit or miss depending on timing because of the shock and recovery time, however I feel as if you landed right in the perfect window on that front because your more recent picture shows a much healthier plant. Good luck, and happy growing!

1 Like

IMG_0696 thanks for the help everyone! 10 days later and she exploded!:grin: I took everyone’s advice and my water as well was way off, but after dialing everything in (learning from my mistakes) she’s going strong and can’t wait for my first ever harvest!!! You guys are awesome!

2 Likes

Be careful…it looks like you are developing a magnesium deficiency from the looks of the leaves…Happy Growing