White Russian Death Spiral

OK so the white Russian came out of its suicide mission and was doing pretty well. And now again in the last couple days it’s going back down the death spiral! I need help what do you guys thinks going on here? This picture is From above the bud and below the same bud

1 Like

Here’s a picture of the whole plant

1 Like

Did you give it anything the first time it happened?

Nothing out of the ordinary straight water every other watering and Fox farms big Bloom and tiger Bloom every other watering.

1 Like

Your giving them two kinds of nutrient are they both the same

No they are not the same, one is just a low percentage seed to harvest and the other is a big Bud boost the % are 0.0/0.5/0.7 and the bud boost is 2/4/8. And I have used this on many cycles and never had any problems. this is the 1st time I’ve grown the white Russian.

3 Likes

Are you using RO water? I had an issue with regular water with on strain I grew. I flushed the soil and re-started with RO and Nutes. Not sure if this is what’s happening but it looks a lot like the issue I had.

What is RO water? I don’t know if I am or not lol

1 Like

@dmtscravey RO water is reverse osmosis. They have kits ranging from $100 to thousands for home use depending on the volume.

If you don’t have the cash though filtering with just a normal carbon filter water filter works just fine for getting out most contaminants like chlorine and heavy metals. RO is really only necessary if you need purified or distilled water for something or if you live in a water district that treats the water with ammonia and chlorine because those pesky chloramines are almost impossible to get rid of without full blow distillation or a really good reverse osmosis or backwash filter.

Another inexpensive method to get pure water is just a small solar home still. They’re easy to set up and build in your backyard or even in your garage.

I was just looking how to build one of those in the backyard the other day it looks pretty simple and I believe I have everything in my garage to do it already so that’s probly what will happen for next Cycle.

2 Likes

Don’t forget to throw away the first 50 to 100 ml of each new batch just in case there are hydrocarbons in the water.

I have a small one already I made myself but it isn’t keeping up with my watering needs so I’m thinking about making a bigger one.

2 Likes

Looks like too much phosphorus AND potassium. The branch in the back has some Browning to the leaves which indicates phosphorus excess. The branches in the foreground look more pottasium excess with yellowing and brown spots. Back off the nutes a lil bit meaning dont hit them with so much. Those are sativa and dont need as much and cant handle excessive nutes like indicas can tolerate. Look at the diagram below for easy diagnosis.

4 Likes

@dmtscravey I agree with @GeorgeMurp. It definitely looks like a nutrient excess. Potassium more than anything. Potassium excess can cause soil ph to increase and create calmag deficiencies like you’re seeing with the rust spots. I’d ph the soil to check the ph at the root zone and cut back on the nutrients. Happy growing. :v::metal::call_me_hand:

Thank you you guys I agree because it actually did happen after I did the last feeding now that I think of it. It is just a couple of weeks from harvest anyways I’m going to start flushing with water and get her ready for picking! I mostly grow Indicas this is one of the 1st sativa I have grown, I’ll have to remember there a little light on the nutrients.

1 Like

Thanks for the knowledge guys

It already seems To be doing a little better just from a 2 gallon freshwater flush. It’s filling in quite nicely

3 Likes

Even on her deathbed the comrade is pushing on! This white Russian refuses to die.

2 Likes

@dmtscravey that’s some good genetics though, at least being that stressed it’s trying to stay alive

2 Likes