White fire diary #001

All 4 are doing well. 1 is a little behind the others and had a wee bit to hot but adjust and everything is moving forward just giving water 2 times a day under 24 hours of light

1 Like

Today I started the 2g per liter seedling booster. Forgot I had it :smiley:

Day 10 and all are established I have one runt but she’s just a slow girl she will bounce soon. Removed humidity domes and only watering once in the morning. Roots are almost to the bottom of the cups. On the 3 bigger ones.

1 Like

13 days from germination. And I transplanted into 3 gallon fabric pots all except the runt had roots to the bottom of the solo cup. Broke 0 roots on transplant this time go me!!!

1 Like

did you add anything to the root zone, like azomite, for root development? When you transplanted, did you treat the depression area or just drop the entire thing into place in a new soil composite…what soil did you use in the 3 gal

2 Likes

I used same soil as before. Put it in pots 3 days ago treated with a sprinkling of DE to kill any bugs. Then used scissors to cut solo cups on 2 sides. Sprinkled some of the seedling booster at base and transplanted. Nothing to special. Same as I always do.

1 Like

Had a little heat issue early at day three I think that’s what twisted the leaf on them but fixed it. Light was to close. It’s running 42% humidity at 77°

2 Likes

I see you added gravel to the top layer of soil to help when watering…Have you ever thought of Silica sand also to prevent gnats?..or have an opinion on that?

1 Like

I have I just like the look of aquirium rocks and now with a dusting of DE I don’t have a issue with the gnats that are found in all dang dirt lol. Also I use so when I water it doesn’t dislodge chunks of soil. Never tried anything else cuz this works looks good. So I try to stick with it. If it ain’t broke…

U use the gravel to do the same thing…stop the clumps, keep the perlite down…
Take a look at the sand
Mosser sand
I add it to the top layer of the soil, like 1/4 inch. with the gravel right on top of it and NEVER have to deal with gnats…no chems at all

2 Likes

I’ll look into it next time.

They took their first nap last night I have switched to 18/6 light schedule. Off at 10 pm on at 4 am. They didn’t shock at all on transplant they are all perky and happy this morning. Still using the seedling boosters.

Day 14 from seed after yesterday’s transplant.

3 Likes

Day 15 growth is vigorous. Tomarrow I’ll hit with kelp. And continue with seedling feed.

1 Like

wheres the runt? Is it hiding with the beef?

1 Like

The runt … I also cracked a banana Durban.

3 Likes

I am interested to know how BD turns out…For as much as I like DP and GDP, Cherry Pie did not fit the bill for me so it would be nice to know how banana works in the DP offspring…

1 Like

It’s a auto. But I’ll include her journey in this diary to

Day 16 moving right along. New growth is vibrant.

1 Like

Day 17 and everything is looking good. Temps are stable at 78° humidity is at 43%

1 Like