When to Use Nutrients

This is such a great site!! Just wanted to get that out there. My question is when should I add some nutrients? I’ve got 5 gorilla glue autoflower from ILGM along with their nutrient package. My plants are 3 weeks old, they look really good, 1 plant out of 5 seems to be the runt. I watered them 6 days ago and have the urge to add something to them with my next watering which is probably tomorrow. I’m using fox farm ocean soil and I know it’s very charged with nutes already. I don’t want to mess anything up. Here is the latest picture, I’d love to get your opinions. Thanks

2 Likes

Autos can be touchy, from my experience. I haven’t tried any nutes before week four and they really didn’t like any until flower. Even at that, I had to gradually work my way up to full strength nutes from 1/4 of the recommended dosage. I believe using organic nutes gives a little risk barrier when feeding but that is just my opinion. If you want to feed and still in veg, N is really all you will want until pre-flower. Patience is tough when you want your girl to flourish but sometimes little is more. Happy growing and good luck with your girls, they look ravishing!

4 Likes

you should not need any nutrients for quite a while with that soil, as long as they keep getting new growth & looking healthy, i would not add anything…

2 Likes

Thanks, that’s exactly what I was thinking! I don’t want to mess up a good thing.

1 Like

Everybody is right. If I was to do anything before week 4 it would be foliar spray liquid kelp. 1/2 dose and maybe every 3 days at lights out.

2 Likes

Please tell me if im freaking out for no reason. This 1 plant looks like it turning yellow. I don’t get it. I did 6.2 ph when watering plants last night. It looks like nutrient burn but I haven’t added anything at all. It’s been in the fox farm ocean soil. What’s going on?

1 Like