When to switch nutrients and lighting with autos

I’m a newbie. Just have 8 critical mass autoflowrers grown at week 6.

Uploading: 16085747913644488402071078994109.jpg…

I think i can see buds starting. When it says flowers in 10 to 12 weeks, does that mean at 10 weeks old it shoukd start flowering, or be done in 10 to 22 weeks?

Need to know when or if I shouid change lighting . And shoukd I start the flowering nutrients now ?

3 Likes

Should I be trimming most leaves off now to expose bud sites, colas

1 Like

@MDBuds That is a real good question.

2 Likes

Auto flowers - no need to adjust lights. They auto matically flower no matter what the light schedule is. If the strain says 10 weeks, that is the total life expectancy of the plant. Since the lifespan is so short, we usually do not stress them since there is little to no recovery time. I would trim off the uinderbrush but no more than 30-40% of the fan leaves

2 Likes

@Dantell it’s 10-12 weeks from seed to harvest roughly. I wouldn’t prune much but you could do some of the lower fan leaves to increase airflow. Just a few at a time so you don’t shock and stunt them. Also no need to change lighting schedule with autos. You can run them 18/6 to 20/4 the whole time.

2 Likes

Ok I guess I should be starting the bloom nutrients now, dyna grow.

1 Like

@Dantell as for the nutrients yeah you can start your flower nutes as soon as you see pistils or preflowers. Remember to start them at 1/4 or 1/2 strength for autos and adjust as needed.

2 Likes

Tuck as much as you can to expose the bud sites. Try to avoid clipping autos as much as possible

3 Likes

@Veganninja yes. Leaf tucking. I always forget to mention that. Probably because I’m only just about to start my second auto run and I’m used to photos. Lol

2 Likes

I’m about to start my first auto run. Been doing a lot of research since I’ve only had photos previously

2 Likes

Ok thanks for the info. I started dyna grow bloom now and lowered the light for recommended flowering distance

1 Like

Ok trimmed lower leaves, ones that were really low and not getting light. On the top I only clipped 2 big fan leaves that were completely blocking bud sites. All the other stuff I just bent out of the way

2 Likes