When a cbd plant pollinates a thc plant what would the ratio be

When a cbd plant pollinates a thc plant what would the ratio be for thc to cbd or how does one plant affect the other. Also the other way around.

1 Like

Why would you do so? You ll end up with a cbd plant with increased thc… Make no sense to me sry

Does it need to make sense. looking for some actual answers. I don’t trust you after your lack of understanding or logic. Why do you think it happened. A accident. Like most people.

Lighten up, Francis.

2 Likes

Hope this helps…

1 Like

Someone out there has a good answer…

1 Like

This is what I use. It comes from Canada and it has 3 tests. It checks thc and cbd. You have to cook about a tenth to half a gram to do it (decarboxilate). My last grow was Papi Gato, a cbd cultivar crossed with GDP Grandaddy Purple and it checked 10% cbd with 15% thc. The entouage effect is fantastic with arthritis. Hope that helps. Good Luck and Enjoy!

3 Likes

Thank you. That is a bit expensive. Ill just smoke it lol. Maybe some day get that. My question is more like does the male or female give more of its traits like if a male was cbd and the female thc would the seed be more of one or the other??

2 Likes

I actually looked up breeding and genetics. The male will only give growth genetics. The female holds the terps and others. The males are more hidden and random. So when my plants from the seeds if the buds smell more like the cbd its more cbd…

1 Like

For me, it is nice to know, so I can make more informed decisions about what I will want to grow in the future. I am also doing some testing for a breeder, so any extra feedback I can give him is a positive.

1 Like

Definitely. Especially sharing. This is the second time i grew the seeds from the hermaphrodites. Was Skywalker OG and Mamba Negra Cbd. I thought it would of been smaller like Mamba but they all seem to be large. I saw some bananas i missed on a cbd so figured. Mamba Negra small dense heavy trichomes. Skywalker large and heavy trichomes. Now i have large dense nugs with heavy trichomes. Is very nice. I had a difficult time if figuring out the buzz. Sometimes seems more of the other. Will pay more attention this time. As i think i think heavy cbd. So relaxing. I love cbd and a mix so this plant is Magical. Two amazing strains. I feel like though seeds suck I will make the most out of them.
The plants closest to the one hermaphrodite got the seeds of course. Mostly the other Mamba Sky ones. One of the Skywalker got more then a few and So did One of the Blackberry Moonrocks. Will be some fun seeds haha. My other Skywalker of and Blackberry Look like if any very few. Same with Og Kush. Loving the terps right now. Week 6.

1 Like

"Loving the terps right now. " That’s so important! If I don’t enjoy smoking it and don’t like the flavor, but it gives me some relief from inflammation and pain of arthritis, I would still do it. But I like the flavor, it works, and I get a great buzz. Life is good.

1 Like

The Rick Simson method the alcohol extraction is really nice. Then use that mix with coco butter and you can make small pill like ones with a silicone gummy tray for suppository. No taste haha. Also no oils. Is clean as you can get. Made some for my aunt and you know i tried it. Works really well. I have chronic pain right now with a skin issue.

1 Like

The honest answer Magus is: You’d have to go through HUNDREDS of breedings betweeen the two plants before you have a stabilized CBD/THC ratio… You cannot throw a 20% THC plant and a 15% CBD plant and think “Gee, Guess I will have a plant that has 20 % THC and 15%CBD” What in REALITY you will have is a bunch of (male and female plants) that range in phenotype from 0% CBD or THC to maybe a single plant with a 20%THC and a 4% CBD (IF you are lucky!) you can’t throw two plants together and expect a perfect BLEND of the two genetics without at least 1000 offspring of F3 parents! (NOT F1!!!) F3 offspring are the OFFSpring of the F1 and F2 so in reality, to GET your perfect 1:1 plant of 10%THC and 10%CBD you would need yo BREED and test at LEAST 5000 offspring’s of your ORIGINAL twp parent plants!!! Whew! I don’t know about you, but I do NOT own a 10,000SQ Foot vertical indoor garden to grow a “new strain” for 5$ a seed I can GET that guaranteed FEMALE plant with the near same CBD/THC blend each time. A seed bank has done the work for me. Thanks Homegrown!
Warmly,
Jackie
60 yr old Growing Granny

2 Likes

Why do plants “suck” as you put it? Why are you growing if you don’t have a PASSION and love and need for it? Put more love into it man! Get “clones” of your fav strains and learn to make CLONES of the mother plant and voila~ You have a fav. Mother Plant strain (just don’t ever flip her to flower). Keep picking clones from the mother plant. Now you have NO seeds, ever. Only sensimilla. Go online, learn about the basics of the plant. I love the Kyle Kushman vids, but find someone YOU like. Follow them and LEARN. Here is good, but to much “Bro science” at times. Use Common sense and K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple, Stupid!)
Warmly.
Jackie
Growing Granny

2 Likes

Im a gardener. I think maybe you should read more cause i already found the answer witch you failed to give with a ego essay. Also a some of what you wrote id say no shit sherlock.