What was your favorite all time smoke (homegrown of course)?

Mr. Magoo. Hands down like a punch from Mike Tyson. Would literally fall asleep with the pipe in my hands, never made it through a whole joint of it. 6-8 hours of the most sublime sleep.

After that Lemon Haze. Amazing cerebral high, lots of energy, mental clarity, creativity and no anxiety. And when cured right it can have a lemon peppery taste.

2 Likes

@Rye which Mr. Magoo? Was it the afgoo x emerald triangle one or the purple kush x Skywalker x blue magoo?

Two seed companies claim they bred a strain by that name both with separate lineages though.

1 Like

The Skywalker×blue magoo one. I actually dream about having sleep like that again.

2 Likes

@Rye for sure man. I actually have Skywalker and Purple kush on my list at homegrown. If I can track down some blue magoo I might just breed a boutique version.

Do you remember the taste, smell, and color? That would help a lot choosing phenos.

2 Likes

Ok so this will sound weird, it tasted like blue pepper…smell was just a hint of acidity but HEAVY…color was light green/purple and frosty.

1 Like

@Rye yeah that makes sense. DJ Short loved those spicy and berry notes and often mixed them together. Like a Blueberry pepper plant with a hint of vinegar. That MLB/Williams Wonder F2 he used in the breeding of blue magoo had an almost cat piss smell so I’m not surprised some of the ammonia/vinegar smell came with it. :rofl:

2 Likes

Do you know of a good source for Dr. Grinspoon seeds?

Since Homegrown doesn’t have them I feel it’s not bad karma to say. I got mine from attitude seeds. They are by Barney’s Farm. I am a fan of Barney’s farm. Good stuff.

My wife got angry I was participating in a forming and not just reading. She asked me to stop posting. I still have to live w her. Anyway, it’s been fun meeting other growers. Happy growing to all.

1 Like

Understood and respected. Thanks and take care.