What to grow too many options

As an old stoner from long ago. With the only options back then was brown weed from mexico.
I am going to try growing indoors with a dwrc system . But which cannabis do i grow ? So many options i dont know where to start. Any help would be great.

Home grown has some excellent guides. Read them.
Get a forgiven cultivar that is a feminized Auto.

Thanks . For the help .

If you don’t have any growing experience I’d stay away from autoflowering strains . . . learn with photoperiods as they don’t have the internal clock for transitioning to flower. Make a mistake with autos and your yield goes from ounces to grams . . . mistake with a photoperiod veg a bit extra until she recovers and keep on keeping on.

As for strains, some old time easy growers are Northern Lights, White Widow and Sour D . . . all depends of whether you’re wanting Indica or Sativa traits.

Thanks for the help. I am thinking a cross between both strains

Premium fem autos are ideal for most home growers where space is an issue allowing you to grow more flavors at one time at about half the time of a photo.

Fem photos will certainly be more at risk for Hermes but allow you a more forgiving veg state and can produce much larger yields.

In terms of quality, potency…they are both good. Many prefer the high on autos more.

The key with autos is you have to run premium genetics. HGCC has some good autos and there are several breeders now that focus only on connoisseur automatics…top shelf flowers throughout the catalog. They’ve came a long ways over the years and if you’re paying attention…that’s where much of the small home growers interest has turned over the last few years. People are starting to learn there are auto genectics out there that are as dank as any photos and you can yield a 2-4 oz harvest in 65-75 days from seed. Autos that take 90-120 days are just shitty auto genetics.

Then based on what size auto you want to grow, sativa/Indica dom, terp profiles… I could give you some auto recommendations as I have grown literally hundreds and hundreds of various strains and genetics. I can tell you, as far as autos go, which ones are fire and which genetics are junk…. Like people growing 9” plants. It’s just a waste of time.

Something like Sour D or GSC are easy grows as the stretch and branch nice making pruning an afterthought.

For a more indica… Wedding cake and blueberry are pretty easy grows and tasty dank. For something more gassy… some double grape, pineapple Runtz, crème de La chem.

Everything but the blueberry is high thc but blueberry has a nice high.

1 Like

I started with Strawberry Cheesecake. I was totally lost and still pulled out off. I stay everything wrong but still got some yield.

To me, the trick is to eliminate as many variables as possible.
They are:

1. Cultivar

2. Medium - Coir, Hydroponics, Living

3. Chemistry- Neuts

4. Light schedule

5. Technique - Scrog, LST, Top dressing, etc

6. Environment - bugs, mildew, mold, etc.

7. Buy an female auto from Homegrown

8. Use living soil. I.e. MixASoil

9. See number 2.

10. Buy a 4x4 tent with exhaust blower, of oscillating fan and 300w Led light.

11. Learn a little LST for autos or just let them grow.

12. The tent takes care of this.

Get two or three good grows under your belt, and then look at Fotos. If you find you love the growing process and can’t stay away from your crop, Fotos will seem like a dream.
If you are not that wild about growing, Fotos will seem like work. Fotos require a bit more attention.
The differences between the cultivars is not that great so take your time and enjoy the journey.

Thanks for the help. Going to try autos.

1 Like

Sour Orange Diesel Kush. - She’s pretty much been wet greasy and stank since day 1 of flower.

You can never go wrong with some sour diesel in it. 59 days from seed… about 55 from sprout.

Seems like hardly anyone grows it anymore but when you have its, its what everyone wants to smoke :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Them ladies look awesome

So could i grow autos and photos in the same tent ?

I started to write No though I did it.
Your photo will be in veggie mode the entire life of your autos. Them babies are going to be big and might eat your tent when you flip them.
Of course, you will gain the real estate when the Autos leave the stage.
I guess you could try 2 and 2 in a 4x4 tent. Just keep them pruned.
I had a Banner Foto that I added when 3 autos just went into flower. I figured the race was safe. As it turned out, the Banner was a bad boy and had to go into the wood stove.

Thanks for your help