What size pot is preferred for you?

So what do you think the best size pot is to grow in a smaller tent. Would you put just 2 big pots in it and grow 2 large plants or would you go for more with smaller pots?

What size and type of pots does everyone use? Plastic, fabric anything else?

1 Like

What type of medium you plan on using. I’m doing organic with Fox Farm and Use 5 gallon Fabric Pots. Gonna try 7 Gallon Next Run. Only use Fabric Pots as your Final Pot. The roots stick to the fabric like Velcro. So use plastic for seedlings and Veg Cycle. Plant count is up to you and the laws in your Area. Dif. Strains Grow Dif. Ways Some Tall and Skinny or Bushy. Either way you want to try and create a full even canopy to Max Yield

1 Like

I agree with @Dave_n_St.Louis. You need to fill the tent with a nice even layer. How many pots and how big you want them to be all depends on your situation. I usually opt for more pots so I can grow more strains. If its a super small tent, I would get a bunch of auto flower strains and do more small pots. I also use plastic pots for seed and then plant into the fabric pots for veg and flower. I wash and re-use the plastic pots, and throw away the fabric pots. Good luck with your grow @bbbbgggg4444

2 Likes

I use fabric Geopots. They are durable and can last through many grows and machine washes.
I have the velcro pots that you can open to easily extract the rootball.
You can get sizeable plants from small grow bags so be forewarned.

This is a 2 gallon Geopot with RQS Sour Diesel(right) She is over 5’ tall. The other plant is a GG#4 in a 3 gallon Geopot.
I start my seeds in the 1/2 gallon size.

2 Likes

I’m in 5 gal. now, will be getting some 10 gal and do more of a living soil. Playing around and seeing what I like.

1 Like

Experimentation is the best way to find what works best for you. I’ve used the 7 gal and 10 gal fabric pots and they work great. I grew a 707 Truthband in a 10 gal pot last year and it still got six ft tall. And super purp

3 Likes

Agreed also depends on how much time between watering and feeding the Plant. The Pot is the Battery Bank

1 Like

I use a formula I made. 1 gallon for every 30cm/1ft of plant height based off of the average height for the cultivar. It works pretty well for me as a soil grower. I very rarely get macro deficiencies and usually only have to supplement with micros and molasses during flower.

2 Likes

I found that the smaller pots work better for me when I plant directly into the final pot (no transplanting). When I grow with large pots, I’ll start them in small pots to develop a nice root ball, then transplant to the larger pot. And bigger pots doesn’t necessarily mean bigger plants or bigger buds. The root system is the most important part of the plant in my opinion. All the best plants I’ve grown, with the highest yields, have had nice solid root balls.

1 Like

@Dave_n_St.Louis Root ball from 7 gal pot. Greenhouse grow.

4 Likes

Very Nice, How long did you take her outside?

If you’re asking if I grew it outside, I didn’t. It was a greenhouse grow. That was a pic after I harvested last year. I think that was a Raspberry Diesel.

1 Like

3 gal smartpots in spring, summer and fall, it’s dry in winter so i use 3 gal nursery pots bc they hold water longer.

1 Like