What is going wrong?

lower leafs turng color and dieing. New growth bright. I can’t diagnose. I try just can’t figure it out. I greatly appreciate the help.

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

I guess the plant on the first picture is a clon, since it doesnt have any root you will have to spray water with calcium /magnesium and It should be fine (the EC shouldnt be higher than 0.2, since you only need enough nutrients to keep it alive untill it roots). For the plant on the second picture apply nitrogen when you water it and the yellowing should stop. Make sure to spray water with pH around 5.9-6.2, leaves usually preffer a higher pH than roots does.

2 Likes

Same plant. Not clone. It is not auto

2 Likes

Lol srry, i thought you cut the leaves to avoid the plant to dehydrate. If its the same plant just apply the watering with a higher dose of nytrogen.
Why did you cut the leaves anyway?

3 Likes

Topped and fimmed wrong

2 Likes

I see many growers trim off the burnt edges. Yellowing is usually a sign of N deficiency but not always. Other possibilities:
Hot mix - soil is too hot or has hot spots in it
Ph - ph is off
Temp - floor is too cold, especially if on cement. Can also be swing of daytime / nighttime temps fluctuating too much
Genus - forget the yellow leaves, new growth coming out bright can be inherent to the strain
Stress - something is stressing them. Can be Rh, temp, ph, air, nutes
Medium - a problem with your substrate mixture
Watering - not watering properly

3 Likes

Thank you. I was trying this.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing. This is handy.