What enzyme booster do you use?

Isn’t Chloride negative? That would throw a wrench into things, I would think. I’m going to go look it up now because you have me interested. I suck at graphing/creation of equations from graphing, but the chemistry equations intrigue me. Thank you for posting and I appreciate your posting it if only to feed my brain.

3 Likes

Ok looks like i will be making biochar in my charcoal retort. If I understand it correctly you can get the same quality biochar as in a pressure vacuum system buy opening the retort as soon as your charcoal is finished off gassing (before it cools) and flooding with cold water.

3 Likes

Can you please record that from a safe place, of course? The geek in me is very interested in watching that.

3 Likes

Never recorded anything on my phone before. If i cant get it done i will take a series of stills showing it.

2 Likes

@Jared that’s why I do the distilled water and calcium chloride. You soak it in that and it activates it too giving it additional properties similar to activated charcoal without grinding it into a powder.

Then you just rinse with cold water again after the biochar seeps in the water and calcium chloride for 24 hours and then bake the moisture back out of it so you can recharge it with more than just water and remineralize it.

4 Likes

@kmac03 here’s the short answer to your question.

Calcium chloride is CaCl2+ + - - (forgive the spacing I had to edit because for some reason it turned into an underscore under the second +) as in it has two positive and two negative ions which means it is technically neutral. When you mix water with Calcium Chloride there is an exothermic reaction creating hydrochloric acid and calcium oxide. That then breaks down into Calcium hydroxide creating more heat. How iteracts with charcoal is the c02 released by the heat creates Calcium carbonate (through exchanges of carbon and oxygen ions giving it more negative ions) allowing it to attach to more positive ions from toxic gasses or other sources. This also neutralizes the hydrochloric acid. The heat generated also strips other bonded ions.

Rinsing after steeping just rinses everything away that has not bound to the charcoal.

Baking it again to remove the moisture strengthens the bonds and forces the carbon to release the positive hydrogen ions that also have been bonded to it further increasing the molecular surface area. This also turns the Calcium oxide left into Calcium carbonate through you guessed it, decarboxylation. :joy:

After the moisture and hydrogen ions are baked out (much like decarbing) it is ready to be charged with nutrients that have positive ionic charges.

Examples being Calcium in its Ca++ form, magnesium in its Mg++ form, Potassium in its K+ form, and ammonium (nitrogen) in its NH4+ form, etc…

So activating it first allows it to hold more nutrients and gasses on the molecular level.

I hope I explained this in a way you understand. If you need more explanation feel free to ask.

4 Likes

ALSO, AS A DISCLAIMER FOR EVERYONE, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY USE PPE WHEN WORKING WITH CALCIUM CHLORIDE.

I just realized I put enough information out there for someone to hurt themselves if they don’t use PPE and the proper containers. :grimacing:

2 Likes

Lol that was the short version.

3 Likes

@Jared yes. The actual full chemical breakdown is much more complicated than that. That was me trying to keep it simple while still giving the correct information.

Sometimes it’s really hard to simplify chemistry and molecular bonds. Cations, anions, zwitterions (like calcium chloride). I could literally write a few pages on all of the changes and chemical process happening there. :joy:

4 Likes

Dose anyone else consistently hit the link button when going for the like button? I feel like i am in science class all over again. Not my favorite class. I was the one who got into the cabinet and had the lab half full of foam when the instructor got back.

3 Likes

@Jared i do that all the time man. Lol

3 Likes

#^^%$$ did it again. They really need to swap them.

3 Likes

I’m dyslexic in math, but understand chemistry which used to drive my teachers nuts. Thank you for the explanation!

2 Likes

@kmac03 I’ll keep that in mind. You’re welcome. I’m happy to help. :call_me_hand::v:

1 Like

@MDBuds :v: i use a teaspoon of this in one cup of water Soaking it 24 Hours only to soften the eggs shells then mix it with mollasses water and feed the soil

GIF_20210204_120753

2 Likes

If their eggs work, why wouldn’t their poop? Of course, here’s me going directly for the aquarium. :crazy_face: Now, I’m wondering how my hubs puts up with me instead of vice versa.

3 Likes

@kmac03 because, Do You Want Weed or a Fish Feed cuz ALL i want is Trichomes all over her Body

:sneezing_face: The Eggs are Perfect and Won’t Stink @Kimmyann253 @Munchy GIF_20210226_183620 :laughing: Singing to my Girls https://open.spotify.com/track/3Z25k4ZF6QENy2d9YatsM5?si=96W1FqfFTnifdoo6yXZt5Q&utm_source=copy-link :crazy_face: My Wife will Laugh her Arse Off when i show her that

3 Likes

They are glistening beauties, huh? You should cue up the disco music. :star_struck:

3 Likes

@DollarBill are you against natural growing :thinking:? The context of your comment. Just curious.

1 Like

:slightly_smiling_face::+1: you name it, i’ve grown it a hundred :100: organic different ways

20211108_000734 20211108_001034 still to this day we only puff Homemade Moon Rocks i just Googled: Enzyme Boosters for Marijuana :laughing: Hundreds is Funny

3 Likes