What does reveg mean?

Hello I’m brand new here. Starting my first Auto set next week. I was wondering what you guys mean when you say reveg?

1 Like

Welcome to Homegrown! Nice to meet you!

It means that the plant is re-grown to full potential. If you follow the thread below, you will find a lot of info. Don’t be afraid to ask questions if you are unclear. I hope this helps.

3 Likes

Reveg is also a term to denote when a photoperiod plant isn’t kept on a strict flowering schedule or is compromised by a light leak. It will put a flowering plant back into a state where it begins growing leaves instead of buds.
Single bladed leaves are usually a dead giveaway.

I realize that this is the autoflower section. This info may still help you in the future, should you expand into growing photoperiod plants.

3 Likes

If you take a regular strain that is not auto and cause it to go back into vegetative state by putting under 18 to 24 hours of light a day. I recommend 24 hours a day for Sativa like plants to and 18 for Indica strains.

3 Likes

5 Likes

This is a banana zkittles photo period when I saw how nice this plant turned out I wanted to keep it so when I harvested I left what you can see if you look you can see the leaves go all weird and deformed then new normal leaves come thru then veg it till your ready to flip it into flower

3 Likes

Thanks. But why would anyone do this? Is there some kind of benefit on the other end… like stronger clones or something like that… Or just a solution for a bad situation?

1 Like

It sometimes happens that a grower will accidentally set the light timer wrong or bump it and the lights will come in at screwy intervals giving the grower a revegged plant.
I’ve seen photoperiods do this when they are grown in windowsills and not given a proper blackout period.

If you like a particular strain but didn’t take clones before sending it into flower you can leave some growth on the bottom of the plant and reveg it until you can take clones from it. To do this you would put it back to veg timing and reintroduce the appropriate nutrients.

1 Like

You have many of the principles of growing already done. You have a root ball, a stabilized substrate, a perfected nute program and A KILLER STRAIN! Even seeds from the same crop can have different genetic traits but if you did not clone and want summore, this is the way to go . I have a Bubba Kush that just blew me away and no more seeds so RE-VEG.

1 Like

Hey that’s what I want to do how long do you keep a light on it how many days?

1 Like

Only for photos. I don’t believe you can reveg an auto

1 Like

Oh yes you can. Catch one of Kronics youtube video of his woman’s auto he worked over and over

3 Likes

REALLY!! I’ve had some colossal autos I wish I knew that🤦‍♂️

1 Like

Once you’ve harvested put what your going to reveg in to the veg tent I gave this a good flush before harvest and it’s on a 20 on 4 off lights for first week gave just water now I’ve just started building nutes up steadily as she’s been thru massive stress

1 Like

I’ve just watched his video and that auto is NOT being re veged…they are prolonging the vegetative cycle by transplanting…he says it himself you can’t reveg autos…a reveg is accomplished after harvest, this you can’t do with autos… so No you can’t reveg an auto but yes you can pause them in preflower by transplanting to continue vegging the plant.
Sorry but that’s a huge difference

1 Like

My bad…I always considered that a reveg since it starts up a new regeneration cycle and that is what re vegging does.

2 Likes

I learned something as well I didn’t know u could do that to an auto. I figured once the hairs sprouted that was all she wrote…im going to try it on my white widow autos here in the next couple weeks

1 Like

It started preflower before it was repotted so it is technically a reveg. It stopped flowering and increased vegetative growth.

As far as a reveg post harvest an auto won’t do that but you can trick them into flowering longer to increase yields and beef up your buds some more.

1 Like

Agree to disagree…despite how its viewed you cannot call something a reveg if it hasn’t been harvested. Your continuing growth…reveg is the process of growing new vegetation that was removed during harvest. All thats happening there is continued growth n thats not revegging.

1 Like

Not sure why we humans like to vehemently prove our point instead of educating one another minus the egos, but I have adjusted my comment above. I like being reminded that the people who are learning about growing aren’t concerned with how much terminology a person uses or how much education one has. When I start throwing around my definitions and big words, I realize that it’s more about my needing to feed my Ego than helping someone.

3 Likes