What am I? Type? Male, Female or Both?

Purchased seeds last June. Out of the seeds I purchased only three plants survived. New to growing so I chuck it up to growing pains. I am not sure what type of plant this is since the saved plant names ended up wet and unable to read.

What am I?

Also, am I Female, Male or both?

Your faithful New Grower
Judy
Friesianluv

3 Likes

Iā€™m not even close to the most knowledgeable, but I have several grows under my belt, I gotta say that looks odd afā€¦maybe its male (Iā€™ve not grown a male yet) but definitely weird looking to meā€¦Iā€™ll tag someone that can for sure help u

1 Like

@Mrb53004 @MDBuds these two guys seem like they have college degrees in growing they will for sure have an answer for u!

4 Likes

@Friesianluv welcome to the forum. That looks like a ā€œtrue hermaphrodite.ā€

Did it start to flower early and did you stress it young? Light leaks? Heat stress?

Iā€™m not 100% because itā€™s hard to tell in that lighting but it does appear to have some pollen sacs as well as female flowers.

3 Likes

Man Iā€™m curious as to why it has only single and triple finger leaves, is that part of the hermi problem?

2 Likes

@Eggs those are male growth patterns. Thatā€™s why I was wondering if it flowered early and there was low light and a light leak. For a female plant to grow spindly like a male it would have to herm as soon as it flowered.

3 Likes

If it is a true hermie, you will notice that soon, very soon. Since it is the only plant you have, no worries about pollinating anything else. There are light issues, are you trying to grow in windowlight? Wonā€™t work, sorry, not in your situation. In a few weeks or so you should see the male sacks continue to form. I only see female pistils emerging from the sacks but the males may be right behind. Let it grow

1 Like

My Grinspoon looked Just like that when she began to flower. From the breeder ā€œlike lil beads on a string or vine.ā€ Never Grew to flowers really.

I almost removed her because she looked male. Afterwards I bet I culled some females because I only got one female out of the whole pack.

Do you remember if they were called Grinspoon? Wet tag I know :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Pinch the fullest calyx. If there is indeed inside I stand corrected. If soft and and squishes between fingers it could just flower like Grinspoon. Dip you think you had landrace Sativa or an unknown seed source?

2 Likes

Seed inside. Not indeed inside. Sorry didnā€™t proof read

1 Like

I was waiting for you to tune in. I had a ā€˜feelingā€™ it might be Dr. Grinspoon, but Iā€™ve only observed from afar without working knowledge.

1 Like

So she hasnā€™t been on a lighting schedule?
She is a photoperiod that is revegging. Thatā€™s why she has single bladed leaves.
My guess is she has been grown in a window full time?
Looks female to me but highly stressed. Pronounced calyxes but I donā€™t see male flowers.

4 Likes

Calyxes plural
Calyx singlular
I would not squezze all the calyxes since so few. So I used singular calyx

2 Likes

Not sure if you received my email response. Here it is, sorry if duplicated:

Wow you are all so awesome! New grower and started with window light. She is one of three. My husband ask a few growers he knows and advised it was a male. So we separated her from the other two that are thriving fairly well.

Seeds started natural light, outside most the summer, brought in under grow light all three until we thought smaller of the three was a male, now back to natural light just for lil piglet. Lol.

Pics attached of the other two.

I thank you all for your insight and knowledge. Still learning the art of growth!!

Show quoted text

Okay, I pinched the fullest calyx. It was soft, moist and fragrant. No seeds or anything hard like that.

Guess will get a smallish grow light for piglet and see how it goes.

Will keep you and everyone posted.

Thank you all again.

Show quoted text

2 Likes

@MDBuds Thank you. I may have. Further explanation below/above. Started seeds by natural light not knowing exactly what I was doing. Very first time attempting to grow.

2 Likes

@Noddykitty She is beautiful :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Well, Iā€™m super excited and would love to see more pictures.

1 Like

Hope this works a bit closer shot of Piglet.

2 Likes

Here is another pic

4 Likes

I believe I will go ahead and get those seeds once I am able to. She has some special magick, huh?

1 Like